Sandisk USB drives with built in encryption don't work, formatted or not. There must be added firmware that the 2024 C8 doesn't like.
I tried them, so that's for sure. I had a couple of "noname" 32GB drives that formatted in FAT32 and work fine.
Also, FAT32 is the only format the 2024 Infotainment/Google system recognizes. Tried exFAT and NTFS, on non-Sandisk drives, and neither worked.
Music files were copied (ripped) using a Windows 10 laptop w/Windows Media Player, from the original CDs, to the Music folder on a Windows 10 laptop, then copied to the USB drives.

Don't know exactly what you are saying, but if you are using encryption, don't.
Straight up Exfat is what you want.
Some Sandisk USB drives come with proprietary encryption software. I call it "built in". It only works on Sandisk USB devices.
I've used them to back up our laptops, which I double encrypt. Encrypt the files/folders on the laptop first, then re-encrypt as they copy to the USB drives, for "offsite" storage. If I ever lose one, the odds of someone breaking 2 types of encryption are slim to none. Maybe the FBI could figure it out, like they broke into the iPhone of an LA mass killer years ago.

So, I first tried using some old Sandisk USB drives that come with the encryption software.
In all 3 formats, exFAT, NTFS, and FAT32.
None of them worked in the C8.

So, read a few other websites, and started to think maybe the Sandisk USB stick was the problem, tried some old spare vanilla no name USB 32GB devices, also formatted in exFAT, NTFS, and FAT32.
Only the FAT32 formatted USB drive is recognized in my Infotainment system (keep in mind, mine is a 2024, and is supposedly different from the prior years).
So, if you have a 2024 C8, FAT32, and a non Sandisk with encryption software drive works. For me.
The other options didn't. Just to clarify, I didn't use the encryption on the music files or the devices.
All were formatted, which supposedly erases everything, but not on a Sandisk encryption device, apparently.
Windows quick format just wipes the VTOC afaik. There is something extra on those encryption capable USB drives that the C8 Infotainment system didn't like.
I spent a few days on the US CF trying different combos, with a guy on there that also said try exFAT, I did, but it doesn't work in my 2024. FAT32 does.
My GM Android system is back leveled (Android 10) so maybe that has something to do with it, but I doubt it. My phones are Android 13, by comparison.

Last edited:
You are using the port in the console glove box right?
Yes.
After much experimentation, I used a generic no name 32GB USB device, formatted in FAT32, with CDs ripped to the Win10 laptop Music folder, using Win10 laptop Windows Media Player, and then copied the music files to the USB stick.
It works in the 2024 C8. Approximately 50 albums, 11.5GB of music, sounding pretty good on the 2LT Bose 14 speaker system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cityfisher
Yes.
After much experimentation, I used a generic no name 32GB USB device, formatted in FAT32, with CDs ripped to the Win10 laptop Music folder, using Win10 laptop Windows Media Player, and then copied the music files to the USB stick.
It works in the 2024 C8. Approximately 50 albums, 11.5GB of music, sounding pretty good on the 2LT Bose 14 speaker system.
No idea why you needed to experiment. I just grabbed one of these and copied my music to it. Done in minutes.
Amazon product ASIN B07MDXBT87

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
I also just put my car in Z mode and drive.

There was a page/button on here somewhere that lets you delete/close your CCF account.
I found it months ago, but I can't seem to find it now.
Perhaps you could point me to it?
Anyone?
I can't see it. Why do you want to delete your account? You can just turn off all notifications if you want to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.