Dismiss Notice

Trouble logging in?

You can reset your CCF password easily by clicking on RESET PASSWORD and following the prompts.

Links to other Corvette forums.

Discussion in 'News' started by Riley P, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riley P

Riley P
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2000 Z51
    Map
    Hey Everyone,

Just a reminder to be respectful of the rules and ask that you please do not put up links to other Corvette forums. I realize that this sounds like we are limiting information and are not into promoting the Corvette community. However, I ensure you that this is far from the truth as we who run CCF are all Corvette enthusiast and not just Corvette owners. I want to explain further so you can understand why we ask this so you do not think we do this just because we like having the control.

Reasons why we do not allow links are because:

1. We want to be respectful to our vendors and give them maximum exposure to our members. Links distract from the forum and can take members away from coming back and visiting us.
    2. Running a forum is an expense and we can only gain the funds for this through our vendors and sponsors. If we allow links to other Corvette forums, our vendors may just move to the others sites and skip the middle man.
    3. We don't need links to other forums. Our members are awesome and if we get everyones full cooperation, I bet you can find the information you need here.

In a nutshell, we are fully in support of doing whatever we can to advance and help our Corvette community. However, to provide this service to our members, we need to consider our Supporters and Vendors and help support them so they can support us. Please do not think it's about censorship. This is done so we can exist for you!

Thanks everyone! I am extremely proud of our members and the attitude here. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to PM me and I hope you enjoy it here as much as we enjoy having you.

Sincerely,

Riley P

MikeysZ06 likes this.
  2. Nik

Nik
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    Map
    A small reminder and echoing what Riley posted above regarding posting links to other forums as we've seen some activity on this recently. We fully acknowledge that CCF is lower in content (though higher in every other respect :)) than the other big American forum however we are not doing our community any favours posting links to discussions over on the other side and taking our readers there. In cases where there is good information pertinent to a discussion here we are ok if you copy/paste content here with proper author attribution and link to other corvette forums. This keeps us on side legally and hopefully keeps us enriching and growing our community on CCF.

We hope you understand.

MikeysZ06 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.