BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
I have a question regarding replacing the filter element on my intake this coming spring.. The question is,where can I get a replacement filter element? There’s no Model number anywhere that I can find on the housing nor on the filter element itself. In a worst case scenario I’m going to replace the whole unit with the K&N set-up. Or,is the existing filter washable. I had reached out to someone awhile back but was quickly re-buffed so....I’m still in a little bit of a “what to do” situation. Any help or advice will be welcomed.

Mikey..
If it is the factory air filter set-up then the replacement part number will be in your glove-box manual.
Now you can get a paper one at your GM dealer or an aftermarket K&N from a speed shop.

Breathe easy!

Graham
I don’t think it’s a factory setup Graham. And I have no serial number nor a model name on the filter or the plastic housing. All said,I’m leaning towards a new K&N setup to just avoid the fretting come summer. I’ll look again later in the week when it warms up.

Is it a washable filter or paper?

Graham
I’m pretty sure it’s washable Graham. Jeremiad had a look at it last summer and made that observation. I might give that a go and leave the filter inside my place until completely dry. And I’m curious as well if the K&N spray would be ok to use.

Again I might just say screw it and go new.

I would try to stay away from any oil “coated” filters. Try to find a high flow dry filter. I’ve head that especially when ppl wash and put oil back onto the filter they put too much which end up getting sucked into the throttle body creating a gummy film on it. In time builds up and gets sucked into the motor. Just a FYI if you are going to wash and oil, you don’t need much oil. Put a bit and leave it to spread b4 adding more.

I have a question regarding replacing the filter element on my intake this coming spring.. The question is,where can I get a replacement filter element? There’s no Model number anywhere that I can find on the housing nor on the filter element itself. In a worst case scenario I’m going to replace the whole unit with the K&N set-up. Or,is the existing filter washable. I had reached out to someone awhile back but was quickly re-buffed so....I’m still in a little bit of a “what to do” situation. Any help or advice will be welcomed.

Thanks 11. I was always carefull to not over spray too much of the oil on the filter. As well,I left it on newspaper for a few days to soak up any extra.

I’m really leaning towards a K&N system. Probably get Jenny to buy it in Montana and bring it up to me.

Reactions: Tinman and 11zr1
Sounds like you washed it already Mike, but you are always welcome to bring it over and I will show you how to do it.

The Lingenfelter setup that you have already is superior to the K&N, so replacing it is kind of a waste of money unless you want something to look shiny and new under the hood. Be careful of that trap, my friend. Shiny gets expensive fast, LOL! Look at replacing those pins I showed you and keep what you have. Save your money for a set of longtubes instead! ;)

Sounds like you washed it already Mike, but you are always welcome to bring it over and I will show you how to do it.

The Lingenfelter setup that you have already is superior to the K&N, so replacing it is kind of a waste of money unless you want something to look shiny and new under the hood. Be careful of that trap, my friend. Shiny gets expensive fast, LOL! Look at replacing those pins I showed you and keep what you have. Save your money for a set of longtubes instead! ;)
It has just the 2 pins out of 4 holding the shroud so I’d need to get 4 new ones once the filter element is cleaned and replaced.

And yes.shiny is expensive,I agree !! But new rubber is the next purchase before I’d even think of long tubes !! As much as I’d like to mind you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread