Oct 16, 2019
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 on order
Province
ON
I find the eLSD information in the Corvette Owners Manual (page 216) very interesting. For an owners manual, they go into quite a bit of detail (ie: outlining the 4 different eLSD modes). Kind of a tease though as It leaves a guy craving more. Unfortunately a search on such only returns arguments relating to the necessity of eLSD (I’d prefer not go there people). I’m making it a priority to continue testing the C8’s electronics when I visit Spring Mountain again Dec. 4th and 5th. Having a good knowledge of those systems can only aid me in that goal. All their cars (and cars I have driven… so far) have had the Z51 (eLSD) and MSRC options. Exactly what metrics are the computers drawing on to manipulate that clutch pack in the eLSD?
In the manual (Pg. 216) it says the eLSD Mode 3 is engaged when PTM is engaged in Dry, Sport 1 & 2, and Race modes. My PTM display is somewhat different in that it shows “Wet” “Dry” “Sport” “Race 1” and “Race 2”. Am I missing something, or is this a mistake in the manual?
Anyone come across any legitimate articles, papers or quotes from an engineer on finer workings of the eLSD?

Attachments

• C8 Owners Manual Pg. 216.jpg
    C8 Owners Manual Pg. 216.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 373
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread