Anyone know where I can buy a from plate holder that’s not so damn expensive
I saw this on Kijiji. I assume you're looking for a 14 C6, judging my your handle. I'm not sure this will help, but thought I'd send it to you anyway.

I see you are from Ohio USA, funny since I spend most of my time on the US forum. I have a brand new one in the original packaging that came in my 2007 and was never installed. It attaches with double faced tape adhesive pads so no screw or rivets holes required in your bumper. Since I put my Corvette in car shows I decided to install a removable metal plate holder made by Innovative Automotive products that snaps on and off and attaches to a base bracket behind the front grille by 4 arms that fit through the grille holes and snap into the base bracket. It wasn't cheap as I paid about $170 US for it. If you are interested in my OEM GM mount and are willing to put up with the hassle of the cross border BS and international shipping PM me and see if we can work something out. In my opinion you are probably better of sourcing one from inside the US.

I agree that anything for our beloved cars are expensive, and so much do due to shipping due to the pandemic.
I'm so pleased that our province decided to finally go to one plate last year. I believe that there are only a few provinces remaining in Canada that require 2 plates. Why is that? Every new government that was elected, that was my first e-mail to the minister responsible for that section. It took awhile, but I think due to the saving in dropping the front plate, they finally did it.
I never ran a front plate, but our province had a provision called a seasonal plate that only required 1 plate but we were limited to April- November of each year. It also cost an extra $50.00 but was worth it. Rumour has it that Ontario is looking into dropping the front plate in the near future. If that happens, only BC and Manitoba would be backwards in their thinking and legislation.

Last edited:
I agree that anything for our beloved cars are expensive, and so much do due to shipping due to the pandemic.
I'm so pleased that our province decided to finally go to one plate last year. I believe that there are only a few provinces remaining in Canada that require 2 plates. Why is that? Every new government that was elected, that was my first e-mail to the minister responsible for that section. It took awhile, but I think due to the saving in dropping the front plate, they finally did it.
I never ran a front plate, but our province had a provision called a seasonal plate that only required 1 plate but we were limited to April- November of each year. It also cost an extra $50.00 but was worth it. Rumour has it that Ontario is looking into dropping the front plate in the near future. If that happens, only BC and Manitoba would be backwards in their thinking and legislation.
Not a whole lot makes sense in MB, I got 3 years without a plate before getting stopped. Could have had me for speeding so I happily took the ticket. If they want cars to have them why not bikes?

Not a whole lot makes sense in MB, I got 3 years without a plate before getting stopped. Could have had me for speeding so I happily took the ticket. If they want cars to have them why not bikes?
I spoke to the ex-police that had taken over as minister during the government change out about 5 years ago. I had the numbers for the savings by going to one plate, and mentioned all the other provinces and states that were one plate jurisdictions. He told me that it was a safety issue based on the police needing to be able to see plates coming and going. It did not matter what I could of said, he was not going to change his mind. I even asked if that was the case, why were seasonal vehicles, antiques, motorcycles allowed to only run 1 plate? He had no clear answer to that query. I was then concerned that he just might take away the seasonal plate that I had always used since I took ownership of the Vette. We all know that a front plate ruins the lines of the C6. Long story short, after 4 years, that government was removed from office, and to my surprise the new government took up the suggestions and introduced the new law that we were going to a one plate province. I was very pleasantly surprised. I couldn't wait to get my new plate, and be able to run my car a bit later in the Fall.
Keep pushing your government to join the other 11 provinces and territories that are now 1 plate jurisdictions.
Good Luck

There is concern in my Province about not having a front plate for the rural folk. Wanna-be thieves drive up to the house, check if no one there and if it appears so, they get out of their vehicle for the B&E. But if someone comes out of the house they back all the way down the driveway and can’t be readily ID’d w/o a front plate on their vehicle which would be helpful since they go to the next farm to try again. So every once in awhile the topic of returning to a second plate comes up again in Alberta.

There is concern in my Province about not having a front plate for the rural folk. Wanna-be thieves drive up to the house, check if no one there and if it appears so, they get out of their vehicle for the B&E. But if someone comes out of the house they back all the way down the driveway and can’t be readily ID’d w/o a front plate on their vehicle which would be helpful since they go to the next farm to try again. So every once in awhile the topic of returning to a second plate comes up again in Alberta.
If that's the case I'd assume they would just remove the plate prior assuming the vehicle wasn't stolen. Not a lot of RCMP out rural so the odds of getting stopped for it is highly unlikely. I live rural and you have to fend for yourself in those cases.

If that's the case I'd assume they would just remove the plate prior assuming the vehicle wasn't stolen. Not a lot of RCMP out rural so the odds of getting stopped for it is highly unlikely. I live rural and you have to fend for yourself in those cases.
Agreed. I live rural as well. Every vehicle that has ever been reported out here (and there has been many) has been stolen. If they get through my gate and get past my two German Shepherds, they deserve the greeting they will from me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.