DrJer

Jul 23, 2012
Swift Current, Sk
VetteCoins
Car
1997 Coupe
My daily driver '97 coupe has the Z06 suspension installed and gobs of extra power. I've yet to drive it to know what tuning I'll want but suspect I'll want to tweak it for autox, time attacks, and daily driving - probably/possibly find a compromise of some sort.

I have the base and the z51 and the z06 suspensions in my possession.

I'm thinking of putting the z51 rear spring in (softer but not too much) to load the rear better under acceleration and putting the Johnny O'Connell shocks/sway bars (the price is fantastic for what you get!). That way I can tweak the rear looser for autox or tighter for time attacks and still have reasonable street manners (though this is my least concern).

Thoughts? Who's done what? Did it work? Regrets? Costs?

Coilovers bump me outta SSM class in autocross but I realize the benefits of adjustability.

Last edited:
My daily driver '97 coupe has the Z06 suspension installed and gobs of extra power. I've yet to drive it to know what tuning I'll want but suspect I'll want to tweak it for autox, time attacks, and daily driving - probably/possibly find a compromise of some sort.

I have the base and the z51 and the z06 suspensions in my possession.

I'm thinking of putting the z51 rear spring in (softer but not too much) to load the rear better under acceleration and putting the Johnny O'Connell shocks/sway bars (the price is fantastic for what you get!). That way I can tweak the rear looser for autox or tighter for time attacks and still have reasonable street manners (though this is my least concern).

Thoughts? Who's done what? Did it work? Regrets? Costs?

Coilovers bump me outta SSM class in autocross but I realize the benefits of adjustability.

I would go with the Johnny O'Connell suspension , you would be very pleased . This set-up will really give you feed back at the track that you are looking for .
Did I mention we are Dealers for Pfadt . The first ones in Canada .

Please give us a call :canada:

Manny, is the amount of adjustment available in the rear bar 'significant'?

As an 'aside' - as a dealer, does that mean you get specials?? 'Cause in the internet days which we live in I wondered what's the benefit of dealers vs. just ordering directly? Is it a service benefit?

Manny, is the amount of adjustment available in the rear bar 'significant'?

As an 'aside' - as a dealer, does that mean you get specials?? 'Cause in the internet days which we live in I wondered what's the benefit of dealers vs. just ordering directly? Is it a service benefit?

Thses are prouduts we use day in day out and can relay all of our expertice to you as need .

If you are wanting to stay in that class this is your best option . Coilovers are always my choice .

We are not an internet dealer , we are direct . There are no cut prices with Pfadt , as per our dealer agreement , we can only sell at the set price that is the same as their web site.

The shock mounts need to be moved/adjusted to place coilovers on the c5's?

The coil-overs bolt right up the existing mounting points . The transverse leaf springs are removed , thats it . Pretty straight forward install , and I am just a phone call way if you need and help .

My cell is on 24/7

Manny Dasilva 416-389-6142 or toll free at the shop 1-866-992-3752 :canada:

I'd say absolutely a service benefit! Try asking the Internet dealer what suspension settings are best out of the box from their experience or settings to avoid for daily use or track use.

:agree:

Well said!

I do really appreciate having Manny on this forum. I've often received better prices from dealers (Manny) than going to the source. Also, he's totally there to lend an ear for an expert opinion. That, my friend, is dynamite!!

Now if I only had the faintest idea WTF this thread was all about--some sway-bars would be nice, but I really don't think suspension is a priority for me right now. Rims and exhaust for this cat--for now anyways.:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread