xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Just Curious.

My clutch (05 C6) seems a little weird, and I'm not sure if there's a problem or not. First of all, occassionally I have to double-clutch to get my car into first. Is this common for C6 'Vettes?

Also, there's noises when I press the clutch and depress--almost like a spring in the pedal or something. The car shifts smoothly, so I'm not too worried--although second seems a little more finicky to slide into than the other 6 gears.

I'm wondering if all theses things are normal, and what kind of after-market clutches are preferred for when the time comes. Manny, feel free to chime in on this too, but I'd like to hear from anyone!

Thanks guys.:seeya:

Just Curious.

My clutch (05 C6) seems a little weird, and I'm not sure if there's a problem or not. First of all, occassionally I have to double-clutch to get my car into first. Is this common for C6 'Vettes?

Also, there's noises when I press the clutch and depress--almost like a spring in the pedal or something. The car shifts smoothly, so I'm not too worried--although second seems a little more finicky to slide into than the other 6 gears.

I'm wondering if all theses things are normal, and what kind of after-market clutches are preferred for when the time comes. Manny, feel free to chime in on this too, but I'd like to hear from anyone!

Thanks guys.:seeya:

Common first gear problem , the factory syncos are to blame .
The noise is the throw out bearing , and again normal .

Just drive it :D

Manny Dasilva
Dasilvamotorsports
416-389-6142

Ha! Shorter isn't always better. I know with going shorter, I've found mine to be way stiffer!

Not sure how the C6's compare to the C5's but I find my throwout bearing makes a good "whirring" noise when the clutch is all the way out to the point where I thought something was wrong with the transmission until someone pointed out that it was normal. I notice that it's difficult to get into first sometimes and sometimes I only get it into first half way where it pops out right when I start letting the clutch out. That makes my skin crawl when that happens, but it hasn't happened for a long time since I am now used to the shifter, and actually, changing the shift knob helped as I can feel what is happening better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.