Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
I am already eager for spring to add a couple more little gadgets to my Z and get back out on the cruise with as many CCF guys/gals as possible. :Woohoo:

This left me thinking...
I wonder about a long weekend "meet in the middle" event where we travel from the West and East to meet up in some small town Eastern Saskatchewan or Western Manitoba. This would be a haul for the East coast guys but the location of the meet is all negotiable. It really would be awesome to get the members we all know on here together in one place for a day or 2. Kind of a national cruise/mixer sometime in the summer of 2018. I can see groups collecting along the way and 2 big groups converging on some little town that will have a nice economic boost for a couple days.
Please chime in with your thoughts on this guys..

Derek

Attachments

• DHc_5-yUQAAlav4.jpg
    DHc_5-yUQAAlav4.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: ddgermann
Negative on this for me. As much as I’d like to meet the eastern guys,I’m just can’t drive the prairies. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
Both Brenda and I think this is a great idea Derek, as long as the date can be confirmed well ahead. Some thought would have have to be given to where though. Kenora is probably more central in relation to driving distances (And it has a decent share of lodging. To be honest, I can't see this being a three day trip for anyone outside of Sask or Manitoba and most I would think would probably choose not to be on the road fighting long weekend traffic either. Kudos to you for the idea and the motivation. :thumbs:

This will definitely be on my list of things to look forward to next year. An awesome suggestion Derek.
I cross my fingers that it might be a chance to meet & chat with anyone in Ontario who may have plans for Bowling Green in 2019.
I heard there may be contingents going and, although it's still two Summers away, I don't hear much chatter as of yet in Alberta.
Looking forward to see how this "2018 CCF East-West Caravan" matures ... :thumbs:
I may be in the minority (with a kid going back to school in September) by suggesting the middle-to-late August
however maybe the majority normally wrap-up Summer Stuff around then ... before the Sept Long Weekend.

Last edited:
With a mid August date,wouldnt this trip kaybosh the Mission Drags,Abbotsford airshow and west fest at Graham’s?

Don't think so ...
Haven't read about a date for West Fest materializing (with no intention to impose on Graham)
however if it's being planned for either ...
I think the suggestion compliments 2018 tentative dates for Mission Drags June 1-3 & August 3-5 & Airshow 11-12 if being the case.

If this is the Drag Race Event ... this is on the Mission Website Oct 10th 2017 ...
Mission Raceway Park and the Langley Loafers have some GREAT NEWS! If you are a fan of the Langley Loafers Old Time Drags! Our 2018 Drag race Season will include not one, but TWO Old Time Drag Races! The first one will be the “Langley Loafers Ashcroft Reunion” on June 1st – 3rd. The second race will be on August 3rd – 5th. Both races will have a Friday Test & Tune giving you three days of action packed fun at each event! We hope everyone is as excited as we are about the news …follow us for more exciting announcements about the 2018 season coming very soon!

Last edited:
I have not had any time to start planning anything with Graham for BC next year. Mission oldtime drags are first or second week of August usually. I am game for both events so hopefully we can come to a resolution on the dates. I am pretty good with any time other than the two weeks mentioned. Racing schedules are not announced until spring. I think this is a fantastic idea however to get the west and east to meet up.

Keep talking guys. I’m watching.
I’m heading offshore for 4 weeks now and am going to start the research on venue and accommodations then will push out some kind of proposal in the next few days.
We can get down to business from there.
Obviously this will be a multi day haul for some of the gang so we want it to work for as many national CCF members as possible.
I would appreciate any ideas for the actual meet too. (Show and shine / mud wrestling / parts swap meet / stand up comedy... whatever)
There should be awards for the cars that come the farthest from East and West too.

Talk soon.

Derek.

Reactions: turbozig
If all goes well,J and I will (want) to head to Mission with Ziggy and Cindy (if he’s still going in Aug) as well as do the airshow in Abby, and then we’re hoping to spend 4 days in Tofino.

Reactions: turbozig
I am already eager for spring to add a couple more little gadgets to my Z and get back out on the cruise with as many CCF guys/gals as possible. :Woohoo:

This left me thinking...
I wonder about a long weekend "meet in the middle" event where we travel from the West and East to meet up in some small town Eastern Saskatchewan or Western Manitoba. This would be a haul for the East coast guys but the location of the meet is all negotiable. It really would be awesome to get the members we all know on here together in one place for a day or 2. Kind of a national cruise/mixer sometime in the summer of 2018. I can see groups collecting along the way and 2 big groups converging on some little town that will have a nice economic boost for a couple days.
Please chime in with your thoughts on this guys..

Derek
Great idea!! I'd love to drive through the mountains and get on those flat prairie roads.

Great idea!! I'd love to drive through the mountains and get on those flat prairie roads.

Ya... there are some long flat quiet roads in places.

Very fun with Corvettes... you get a chance to use that top gear and test the window seals for wind noise. ;)

“If your dog runs away... you can watch him for 2 days.” Old Saskatchewan joke. :Biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread