Nov 28, 2016
VetteCoins
Why, does anyone know. All other tires look good. MICHELIN Super Sport. 9k on it.

Attachments

• 20180707_154151.jpg
    20180707_154151.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180707_151828.jpg
    20180707_151828.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 32
looks like a gouge that propigated in both pictures Rick.
For sure moving the car in cold temperatures will do this. Even on an old wound.
These tires are like glass when cold.
They are too small for you super Z51 anyway. Now you have the justification to get the 305 or 335s on back there.

Sucks to find this Rick but good you found it in the garage and not on the side of the road next week.
Pretty sure there will be 500 tire inspections going on tonight.

Thanks for the input guys... The only time it was driven in the cold was to load and unload from from a trailer used to haul it to Davenport. My garage is heated so the tires weren't cold when loaded... I noticed the spilts today but I wonder how long I've been driving like that. I've put 1500 km on my car since winter.
Wider tires :D.. sounds like a good plan.. right now I'll be happy just to find a replacement tire quick.. Not to many sleeps before we drive.. Going to try awful hard to get warranty first..
I'm going to go try tortilla tape now. I just bought a roll of black stuff too.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks for the input guys... The only time it was driven in the cold was to load and unload from from a trailer used to haul it to Davenport. My garage is heated so the tires weren't cold when loaded... I noticed the spilts today but I wonder how long I've been driving like that. I've put 1500 km on my car since winter.
Wider tires :D.. sounds like a good plan.. right now I'll be happy just to find a replacement tire quick.. Not to many sleeps before we drive.. Going to try awful hard to get warranty first..
I'm going to go try tortilla tape now. I just bought a roll of black stuff too.

Sherwood Park Chev has them sitting in the showroom if you can't find any. Super Sports and Sport Cup 2s. They matched Kal Tire price on mine so if you are in a bind there is some there.
I have a brand new set of Sport Cup 2s in the garage as well but they are 285 19 and 335 20. In case you want to upgrade they are available.

Reactions: Rick9456
Sherwood Park Chev has them sitting in the showroom if you can't find any. Super Sports and Sport Cup 2s. They matched Kal Tire price on mine so if you are in a bind there is some there.
I have a brand new set of Sport Cup 2s in the garage as well but they are 285 19 and 335 20. In case you want to upgrade they are available.

Thanks Derek, I'm going to check with my dealer Monday first thing. Hopefully the kaltire have them here. If not I know where to get them... 335 20... hmmmm

Reactions: ddgermann
oh great I hire a guy to cut up your tires to give me a chance to win, and there you go getting it fixed already
well maybe return the radar detector as well,

any chance you can program the glimpse for me on Wednesday or Thursday am

as that might be the only way for me to get a glimpse at you guys now that the policewomen are not coming along for the ride along
Jeffy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.