Apr 1, 2012
Port Moody BC Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Grand
Hey everyone. My superpower happens to be making beer disappear and not simple electrical!!! When ordering some of this stuff online you would think it would come with instructions in English!!! I am installing LED lighting strips under my fuel rail covers and would like to run them via remote with fob. In the pic attached I understand that the pigtail wire is the antenna and guessing the red and black are + & - and attach to battery power. So, would the leads coming from the LED strips attach to the yellow wires??? And if so which one would be + & -.
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• remote.JPG
    remote.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 28
Hey everyone. My superpower happens to be making beer disappear and not simple electrical!!! When ordering some of this stuff online you would think it would come with instructions in English!!! I am installing LED lighting strips under my fuel rail covers and would like to run them via remote with fob. In the pic attached I understand that the pigtail wire is the antenna and guessing the red and black are + & - and attach to battery power. So, would the leads coming from the LED strips attach to the yellow wires??? And if so which one would be + & -.
Thanks!!!

I'm teared up a bit thinking about disappearing beer.... but would guess that the leads would indeed attach to the yellows. Especially if they are by chance yellow as well. My only guess as to which may be positive would be if there is a stripe running up the side of either of the wires... that may be the positive. We need a resident electrical genius here.... @turbozig may have a thought.... Might have a shot at googling the actual LED light strip make and see if someone else has posted an install youtube or something.

Reactions: ccltj and drvette
I'm teared up a bit thinking about disappearing beer.... but would guess that the leads would indeed attach to the yellows. Especially if they are by chance yellow as well. My only guess as to which may be positive would be if there is a stripe running up the side of either of the wires... that may be the positive. We need a resident electrical genius here.... @turbozig may have a thought.... Might have a shot at googling the actual LED light strip make and see if someone else has posted an install youtube or something.

Yellow wires have no black line which would indicate negative. Wires coming from LED's are red and black. But then the unit was shipped from China so the colours could mean anything!!!

Yellow wires have no black line which would indicate negative. Wires coming from LED's are red and black. But then the unit was shipped from China so the colours could mean anything!!!

Maybe hook it up with the red and black to 12V and with a multi tester see how it comes out the yellows? Surprised there wasn't at least a schematic for it...Don't you have a chinese neighbour you could invite over for a translation trade beer? Oops... forgot... beer has disappeared... lol..

• Haha
According to the schematic in the picture, I agree that the red is +12V and the black is ground. The two yellow would be attached to the LEDs and polarity may not be an issue if the LEDs are bi-color. You did not say what color they will be.

Thanks!!!

It won't hurt anything if they are connected backwards anyway (other than it may not work as expected). We have electronic assemblies where the contract manufacturer sometimes puts the LEDs in backwards. If they are backwards the LED will be reverse biased and will just not turn on.

Word is that the Black and Red go to power and the Yellows go to LED. I'll give that a try tomorrow or Monday.

It won't hurt anything if they are connected backwards anyway (other than it may not work as expected). We have electronic assemblies where the contract manufacturer sometimes puts the LEDs in backwards. If they are backwards the LED will be reverse biased and will just not turn on.

Agreed Hemicat. DId lots of LED conversions on my H1 and had similar questions. After a day of google university; the consensus is polarity is not an issue with LEDs. If it doesn't work; swap the wires. :thumbs:

Reactions: drvette and ccltj
Sorry, I'm late to the party but just to confirm what has been said so far - red is 12V positive power, black is 12V negative ground and the 2 yellow wires are switched power for the device (LED strip). It does not matter how they are connected. The small spring like thing is the antenna.

According to the schematic in the picture, I agree that the red is +12V and the black is ground. The two yellow would be attached to the LEDs and polarity may not be an issue if the LEDs are bi-color. You did not say what color they will be.

Looks like some awesome high quality Chinesium! :happy: I agree with what has already been said. That is the logical wiring choice. Post the pics once lit up.

• Haha
Reactions: drvette and ccltj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.