For me it's not so much the performance etc. Let's be honest, driving the C7 Z07 at 8/10ths is probably unrealistic for most, particularly on the street. So the question becomes, do you really need to be shelling out all that extra $$$ for the latest cool depreciating asset? Hmmmm.....It's tempting.......

Yes in these practical terms you are 100% right. But when it comes to Corvettes and Hummers I loose my perspective on practical. We / I spend life being responsible and practical about everything but these are my toys so different rules apply.

:ROFL:

Reactions: Riley P
I belong to what appears to be the smaller camp in liking the new look, (albeit not to fond of the rear lights). I'm thinking that from base to fully optioned $150 -180K. And as others have stated, it will be a depreciating asset... or should I say toy. However, If you consider buying a nice used Ferrari for $150K which will surely be out ,or soon to be out of warranty, the price tag on the new Vette with warranty is not all that bad...

Last edited:
I think that it's important to remember that, in addition to doubling the size of the Bowling Green assembly plant, GM just re-tooled the entire C7 assembly line, at great cost. And the only return on that investment so far, will be Jan/Feb production of 2018's, and whatever length of run they allot for 2019's.

If they didn't intend to keep the C7 past the '19 model year, they would have waited before initiating a 4 mth shutdown, only to re-open and sell, maybe, another 30,000 cars.

So, I'm thinking that they will do a re-fresh on the C7 for the 2020 model year, and build the C8 in the new section of the plant.

I belong to what appears to be the smaller camp in liking the new look, (albeit not to fond of the rear lights). I'm thinking that from base to fully optioned $150 -180K. And as others have stated, it will be a depreciating asset... or should I say toy. However, If you consider buying a nice used Ferrari for $150K which will surely be out ,or soon to be out of warranty, the price tag on the new Vette with warranty is not all that bad...

I was considering buying a Ferrari 360 Modena, but bought my Gen V Viper GTS instead because it was a beautiful car, far more powerful, way more tech, and had a warranty...... Then, I was considering buying a Ferrari 360 Modena, but bought my Z07 because it was a beautiful car, far more powerful, way more tech, and had a warranty. So, 2020 comes along, all my toys are paid for......... Do I take the safe route and go with the C8 when I already have a Z07 I love, or do I do the stupidest thing known to the male automotive enthusiast and buy an Italian ticking time bomb ready to take out my bank account, credit cards, and anything else it can destroy at any moment........................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........hahahaha......

Reactions: Riley P
Got my copy of this Car & Driver at Indigo today (YYSSW)
also got Road & Track as it has the ZR1 in it (nice top view photo)
No photo of black one yet @ddgermann - Media remains hooked on orange :mad:
or maybe there's only one ZR1 out there for the Media and the rest were for us in Pahrump :Woot:

Reactions: ddgermann
I was considering buying a Ferrari 360 Modena, but bought my Gen V Viper GTS instead because it was a beautiful car, far more powerful, way more tech, and had a warranty...... Then, I was considering buying a Ferrari 360 Modena, but bought my Z07 because it was a beautiful car, far more powerful, way more tech, and had a warranty. So, 2020 comes along, all my toys are paid for......... Do I take the safe route and go with the C8 when I already have a Z07 I love, or do I do the stupidest thing known to the male automotive enthusiast and buy an Italian ticking time bomb ready to take out my bank account, credit cards, and anything else it can destroy at any moment........................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........hahahaha......

Flyboy999 I dont disagree on most things you said. Quite a few of my friends have Ferraris and I know that in most aspects the Corvette will outperform their cars. Having said that, I did refer in my post to Corvettes, and we may as well add Viper, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and so on as toys. My plan is to buy an (your words) Italian ticking time bomb. I know what I will be getting myself into and I am OK with that. I also know an extremely (actually two) highly skilled independent Ferrari mechanics who work on all of my friends Ferraris. Thats not to say its going to save me bundle, but it sure will not be as expensive as the Ferrari dealership. I guess in your eyes I am one of those stupid male automotive enthusiast... and thats fine, I respect your opinion. But I will not mind having a Ferrari next to my Vette. And who knows, in a few years It may be parked next to my new mid engined Vette......life is short.

Flyboy999 I dont disagree on most things you said. Quite a few of my friends have Ferraris and I know that in most aspects the Corvette will outperform their cars. Having said that, I did refer in my post to Corvettes, and we may as well add Viper, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and so on as toys. My plan is to buy an (your words) Italian ticking time bomb. I know what I will be getting myself into and I am OK with that. I also know an extremely (actually two) highly skilled independent Ferrari mechanics who work on all of my friends Ferraris. Thats not to say its going to save me bundle, but it sure will not be as expensive as the Ferrari dealership. I guess in your eyes I am one of those stupid male automotive enthusiast... and thats fine, I respect your opinion. But I will not mind having a Ferrari next to my Vette. And who knows, in a few years It may be parked next to my new mid engined Vette......life is short.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think guys who buy Ferraris are stupid. I say that tounge in cheek. Heck, as my post indicates, I'm still considering it....seriously. I guess I should provide some background. My brother is a pediatric dentist in Chico California. He makes good money....really good. Much better than I do. He bought a used 360 back in about 2008. Had an independent shop doing the work. Some of his repair bills were in excess of $10K U.S. funds. I could not believe it. He ended up selling it in total disgust. Left a very bad taste in his mouth. When I started researching my purchase a guy in Calgary sent me his receipts for a yellow 360 convertible I was looking at. One of his repair bills was $17K for a bunch of items. Reality set in....i don't make enough money to afford a Ferrari, and I think a lot of guys who think they do, like my brother, quickly find themselves in over their heads. Not stupid people, but certainly a decision make based on emotion and not logic. That said, I'm willing to admit I do stupid things sometimes.....

Don't get me wrong. I don't think guys who buy Ferraris are stupid. I say that tounge in cheek. Heck, as my post indicates, I'm still considering it....seriously. I guess I should provide some background. My brother is a pediatric dentist in Chico California. He makes good money....really good. Much better than I do. He bought a used 360 back in about 2008. Had an independent shop doing the work. Some of his repair bills were in excess of $10K U.S. funds. I could not believe it. He ended up selling it in total disgust. Left a very bad taste in his mouth. When I started researching my purchase a guy in Calgary sent me his receipts for a yellow 360 convertible I was looking at. One of his repair bills was $17K for a bunch of items. Reality set in....i don't make enough money to afford a Ferrari, and I think a lot of guys who think they do, like my brother, quickly find themselves in over their heads. Not stupid people, but certainly a decision make based on emotion and not logic. That said, I'm willing to admit I do stupid things sometimes.....

LOL.... I take everything tongue in cheek flyboy999. Thats the good thing about (certainly this one) good forums! Anyone who ventures into the 'exotic' realm is putting their $$ at risk to satisfy whatever reason it is that makes them search and purchase a particular brand - as for myself, the pursuit and eventual purchase of a Ferrari, I blame it on being Italian. The reason I am putting it off is that (I'm turning 60 in a few months) therefore I think I can still pull off being behind the wheel of a Corvette for now. In my strange world, I can be 70 (but def not waiting till I'm 70) and still pull off driving a Ferrari.... maybe not so much a Vette. I may have opened up a can of worms with the age thing....:eek: Anyway, its going to happen, and if the right car were to come along maybe sooner rather that later.

LOL.... I take everything tongue in cheek flyboy999. Thats the good thing about (certainly this one) good forums! Anyone who ventures into the 'exotic' realm is putting their $$ at risk to satisfy whatever reason it is that makes them search and purchase a particular brand - as for myself, the pursuit and eventual purchase of a Ferrari, I blame it on being Italian. The reason I am putting it off is that (I'm turning 60 in a few months) therefore I think I can still pull off being behind the wheel of a Corvette for now. In my strange world, I can be 70 (but def not waiting till I'm 70) and still pull off driving a Ferrari.... maybe not so much a Vette. I may have opened up a can of worms with the age thing....:eek: Anyway, its going to happen, and if the right car were to come along maybe sooner rather that later.
The Ferrari is the dream...... Life is too short not to pursue our dreams..... 😁

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I love Ferraris. F40 will always be my favorite car and the new stuff is just gorgeous in my books. I would just ask why a 360 and not a 430? However, as stated, even if I could afford to purchase one, I doubt I could afford the ownership. I had one friend looking a used Lamborghinis until he looked at the maintenance costs. Shortly after, he purchased a Corvette.

I love Ferraris. F40 will always be my favorite car and the new stuff is just gorgeous in my books. I would just ask why a 360 and not a 430? However, as stated, even if I could afford to purchase one, I doubt I could afford the ownership. I had one friend looking a used Lamborghinis until he looked at the maintenance costs. Shortly after, he purchased a Corvette.
F430 = about $30-50K more on average. Manual...forget it $200K+ not worth it. 360 manual = $115K C8 will be far more powerful, far more advanced technologically, far more reliable, and have a warranty.....but.....will it be as pretty as a Ferrari? The renderings aren't flattering IMHO.

I think your pricing on the 360 and 430 is pretty bang on for good ones... and yes the C8, hell, we also have to add C7's and lets not leave out the Z06 will surely outperform them. But, for whatever reason, there is no aura (IMO) about the Vettes.... the C8 may change that :Hurray:

Reactions: flyboy999
I think your pricing on the 360 and 430 is pretty bang on for good ones... and yes the C8, hell, we also have to add C7's and lets not leave out the Z06 will surely outperform them. But, for whatever reason, there is no aura (IMO) about the Vettes.... the C8 may change that :Hurray:
I don't think the C8, or any American car for that matter, will ever have the appeal of a Ferrari....the Ford GT comes close....limited production + exclusivity....but...if the C8 is beautiful it will be hard to resist.

I don't think the C8, or any American car for that matter, will ever have the appeal of a Ferrari....the Ford GT comes close....limited production + exclusivity....but...if the C8 is beautiful it will be hard to resist.

This is an opinion that has always intrigued me. What is it that makes a Ferrari so appealing, or as they say, exotic? To me, it's like that drop-dead gorgeous girl from high school that every boy pined over.... and the "lucky" guy that got her drove himself into the ground trying to impress her and keep her happy and wound up divorced, devastated, and miserable. Just like that girl, a Ferrari will have serious maintenance issues and will cost you a fortune. For what? To have something that everyone stares at and wishes they could have? I prefer when no one knows or cares what I have, and it is special only to me.

It's all just opinions and no offense is intended, but a Ferrari is just not appealing to me. Every single time I see one I see a smug smirk looking back at me, and the implications don't even need to be spoken. I'm not jealous at all though, because it isn't anything that I want.

I still want to check it out when I get to see it, but don't be surprised when I spent as much time and attention or more looking at a Datsun 510 at a car show. It's even more rare!

This is an opinion that has always intrigued me. What is it that makes a Ferrari so appealing, or as they say, exotic? To me, it's like that drop-dead gorgeous girl from high school that every boy pined over.... and the "lucky" guy that got her drove himself into the ground trying to impress her and keep her happy and wound up divorced, devastated, and miserable. Just like that girl, a Ferrari will have serious maintenance issues and will cost you a fortune. For what? To have something that everyone stares at and wishes they could have? I prefer when no one knows or cares what I have, and it is special only to me.

It's all just opinions and no offense is intended, but a Ferrari is just not appealing to me. Every single time I see one I see a smug smirk looking back at me, and the implications don't even need to be spoken. I'm not jealous at all though, because it isn't anything that I want.

I still want to check it out when I get to see it, but don't be surprised when I spent as much time and attention or more looking at a Datsun 510 at a car show. It's even more rare!
They don't make posters like this for Corvettes. Old Corvettes don't sell for $30 million. They don't race Corvettes in the premier racing series in the world: Formula One. The best drivers in the world, and in history, haven't driven, died, and almost died in Corvettes. The winningest team in the history of the premier racing series isn't Chevy. They don't make Corvettes in limited production numbers with big price tags thereby creating exclusivity...i could go on.....answer your question? Not that I'm a biased Ferrari fan 😁 Oh, one more thing, nothing, nothing, sounds like a flat plane crank F355 howling at 8000rpm....nothing. Just brace yourself for the engine out $6000 belt service every 3 years....hahaha
20180421_074524.jpg
20180421_074536.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.