C5 Ontario You're a Regular You're Celebrated
Sep 6, 2020
Seeley's Bay, ON
VetteCoins
Car
1997 C5 Coupe
Province
ON
Today was the last day of this year for enjoying my Vette. She goes into storage on Monday, so that will be an emotional day for me.

Halfway along the route I had to pull off on a side road so I could stop for a pee. Left the motor running, which I don't normally do, got out and headed for the bush. When I went to get back in, I discovered the doors were locked! I must have accidentally hit the lock button on the way out. No worries, because I carry a spare key on my other keychain that is always in my pocket just for an incident like this. When I first got the car a couple months ago, I noticed it was very easy to inadvertently hit the lock tab or lock button when getting out and had the foresight at the time to put a spare key on the keychain, figuring some day it would come in handy. Well, today was that day!

IMG_20201028_1409339~3.jpg

Congrats. I wasn't so lucky a few years ago and had to get a locksmith out to open the car.

I actually learned the hard way many years ago with my Jeep Liberty when I locked myself out after stopping to assist a lady who had spun her car into the ditch, in the middle of a brutal snowstorm. Could not get a locksmith and CAA was running a 4hr wait time, so I stood there freezing my arse off for an hour and a half until my then wife showed up with the spare keys. Ever since then I've had a spare key in my pocket or in a magnetic holder on all of my vehicles, except for my 18 Jeep Wrangler, which has push button start.

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread