YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Saying goes ...
"When things look Black, there is always a Silver Lining" ...

POST yours for 2020 as it relates to the many compromises from this year
and nothing selfish like "I Bought a Vehicle" and without the obvious Politics.
Think much harder and much deeper for something that truly matters like ...

"While isolated at Home, my Child successfully graduated High School with Honours and a University Scholarship"

Avoid quoting/referring to another comment and
Please keep on-topic folks
Cheers :thumbs:

Last edited:
Wow... The pressure is on me obviously. I'm usually not much deeper than a mud puddle but something I thought about just before Christmas will likely fit here.

After 43 plus years of common-law co-habitation with my partner Brenda, something that this Covid year has brought to our attention is how well, for a couple with our individual varied and often opposite range of interests, that we actually get along great together through 24/7 exposure to each other. It has been 10 months now that neither of us rarely leave the farm, haven't been out to dinner, have had almost no visitors, had limited Corvette time, and are now tolerating an Alberta winter. And yet, we are not driving each other crazy. Yes we both have our hobbies and our two German Shepherds that keep us entertained, but we are also totally comfortable both in our own skins and with each others company just doing nothing.

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for 2021.

I can't beat Rruff Day's comments; having only been married for (almost) 32 years. But here goes: a tough all-round year which ended with my spouse fracturing her ankle (3 places) two weeks ago...but similar to Rruff Day, me being her sole nurse/cook/house cleaner/dog sitter (including a new puppy) has surprisingly worked out well between her and I and brought us closer together. So a silver lining from that injury, amidst COVID with no one else being able to help her out while she remains mostly bed-ridden. And going back further in 2020 time: crossing off one of my hiking "bucket list items": hiking the Skyline Trail in the Rockies just outside of Jasper in early August. Thankfully no broken ankle for me; although I WAS concerned it could happen, since I'm just a "tad" past 50 now. Followed by my middle daughter being admitted to the Bar in September. So a few highlights despite everything else. And since I can't say I BOUGHT A NEW C8 :)...I'll mention one further highlight: liquidating many of my collectibles so my family won't have to deal with them (they'd have no clue how or where to effectively market them) and selling enough to more than pay for that C8 convertible. I've looked after too many Estates for deceased friends and gained an appreciation for the "precious junk" (aka "just things") people accumulate and the headaches that causes for those who have to get rid of it all, so I'm "cleaning house" now and relieving my family of the hassle of doing so in the future; something I highly recommend to everyone. Happy New Year and there's NO DOUBT that 2021 will be a better year for us all!

Talk about putting us all on the spot, whew!! I won't be cliche and say I am thankful for all of our healthcare workers for what they are doing, day in and day out. Nor that our politicians seem to have better class than South of the border; or compared to most other countries for that matter. I won't bring up about family and friends (including within the CCF family) as that is a given. What I am grateful for, is that Canadians as a whole have generally been kind to each other during this messed up year and have taken the whole stupid situation in stride. Yes, there have been malcontents here and there but for the most part everyone seems to have patience with each other. Even when we are toned out for a medical call, everyone understands we have to don extra PPE and take extra precautions and no-one gripes.

I also am truly that I have such a wonderful wife to isolate with. We got married so young (she was 19, I was 21), but it must have been meant to be, since we celebrated our 35 anniversary this past August. I am also so very grateful that I still have a job to go to during this craziness. There are many that have been impacted so severely from this pandemic, and I really feel for them. It makes me count my many blessings.

as over 25 years has been business@home for both Wife and myself,
we are rarely apart compared to the average I suppose and
2020 silver linings can perhaps be seen a tad differently ...

As we are Urban ... we do enjoy how quiet the Front Door has been with only those you want
ringing the door bell (deliveries) and not by those that you don't want at the door (won't list).

Found one fewer sacrifice with that though as our local London Drugs permitted the Girl Guides to
stock a shelf to sell Cookies in the store.

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.