You just need numbers as shown in Ottawa.
In my opinion there should be a lot less officers giving out speeding tickets and a lot more policing things like this. I think there are enough of them, they just have to be deployed in better ways.

You just need numbers as shown in Ottawa.
In my opinion there should be a lot less officers giving out speeding tickets and a lot more policing things like this. I think there are enough of them, they just have to be deployed in better ways.
Agreed.

Imagine if the police coordinated their efforts like they are doing in Ottawa to combat gang violence in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

Agreed.

Imagine if the police coordinated their efforts like they are doing in Ottawa to combat gang violence in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
That's because the people in Ottawa had to be put down like the misogynistic, racist, nazi-loving white supremacists they are. "Taking up space" in Ottawa. People who are not to be tolerated according to our supreme leader.
Gang violence is on the other hand mostly among poor people, who vote less than most groups. No need for martial law.

That's because the people in Ottawa had to be put down like the misogynistic, racist, nazi-loving white supremacists they are. "Taking up space" in Ottawa. People who are not to be tolerated according to our supreme leader.
Gang violence is on the other hand mostly among poor people, who vote less than most groups. No need for martial law.
While I agree mostly with what you said, it's not the topic of discussion here nor should it be. Hoodlums' who own expensive cars and do what these ones did in Pickering are not poor or vote less. They simply don't care. If they did they'd find a nice safe place to do their drifting or whatever that is. I know Mosport has a drifting track that could likely be used by an organized sanctioned group ... If they cared.

All the politics aside, I have only been once to an unsanctioned street race...Probably back in 1998 when Milly's Donuts was the starting point. After that, I never had any interest to go to a "parking lot" meet and then hooligan it up in the middle of a public road way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not always an angel on the street, but I pick the place and time.

Reactions: Murray20c8
All the politics aside, I have only been once to an unsanctioned street race...Probably back in 1998 when Milly's Donuts was the starting point. After that, I never had any interest to go to a "parking lot" meet and then hooligan it up in the middle of a public road way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not always an angel on the street, but I pick the place and time.
Ya, I was a hooligan when I was young, but that was before I knew about (relatively) local drag strips etc. Much more fun than risking shiRt on the street.

Ya, I was a hooligan when I was young, but that was before I knew about (relatively) local drag strips etc. Much more fun than risking shiRt on the street.
I've often wondered why they don't provide places a lot closer to the city for such things. A drag strip on or very close to the airport would not be a noise issue.

What bothers me the most is that I never was invited or knew about it owning a C8 ` sports car`!
I stumbled on the news during my daily email update ( being banned from home paper delivery).
This must be a secret society talking within the usual social platforms.
How the police found out about this ` gathering` I would like to know as it is good they did.

More than half those people are probably driving mommy or daddy’s car and could care less about the consequences or repercussion…. And that’s not even street racing that’s just plain stupid! I agree with Thom, cops should have just blocked the streets and dealt with it.

Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.