Feb 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
BC
My daughter is begging me to get lambo doors on my C8 when I get it and I laughed and said not going to happen I told her being 6’5” I don’t think it would be a good idea. but it seems to be a popular thing to do south of the border. Anyone on here have it done and if so how do you like it.

• Scared
Reactions: Dik
Might be a benefit to those that have a tight garage.

Attachments

• B3983D16-2281-40CF-B122-F43D28823F06.jpeg
    B3983D16-2281-40CF-B122-F43D28823F06.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 83
Might be a benefit to those that have a tight garage.

I'm one of those people with a tight garage. But from what I have seen, the door still needs to open about 35 degrees before it articulates upwards. So it doesn't really help my situation. And yea...I rather suffer through my space constraints vs spend $5K.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I read on another forum (4Runner forum) about people having their insurance canceled due to modifications. This was dependent on their insurance company- ie. some companies refused to insure height adjusted vehicles while others limited it to 3" or less. Will these doors potentially cause a problem with insurance? Did you check before ordering?

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I read on another forum (4Runner forum) about people having their insurance canceled due to modifications. This was dependent on their insurance company- ie. some companies refused to insure height adjusted vehicles while others limited it to 3" or less. Will these doors potentially cause a problem with insurance? Did you check before ordering?
It really depends on the insurer. Some have super strict underwriters that are very risk adverse.

When I finished my '73 Camaro, TD asked for an appraisal. I sent them all the details, and everything was a legit restomod. As soon as they saw that the original motor wasn't in the car, they wouldn't touch it. Went over to Hagerty, and all they asked was how much I wanted to declare the value of the car at, and how much liability coverage I wanted. They didn't even ask to see the appraisal.

So... YMMV.

Banks are scumbags when it come to insurance! NEVER EVER go with a bank for insurance. Personal experience plus many other horror stories.
No choice. Group insurance rates can't touch the premiums they are giving me on my bike, other cars, and home.

I would love to walk away - I just can't stomach paying 15% more.

No choice. Group insurance rates can't touch the premiums they are giving me on my bike, other cars, and home.

I just hope you never need them. Insurance savings are useless if you can't get any benefit, but I hear you. It's always a crap shoot.

I just hope you never need them. Insurance savings are useless if you can't get any benefit, but I hear you. It's always a crap shoot.

I found that as well, insurance that charge significantly less than others , make it up by denying or cheaping out on claims

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.