Casual User
Dec 6, 2018
Moncton NB
VetteCoins
Car
2002 c5
Province
NB
I know not everyone likes lambo doors on corvettes or anything but a lambo but I'm going to install a set. is there anyone here that has installed them on there C5 and have any tips before I start ? ( Don't Do It -is not a tip lol ) I've watched a few vids but hard to find c5 specifically? thanks
IMG_8312.JPG
20190114_151805.jpg

I think there was someone on here a while ago with a this done. Someone else may remember it.
But, make sure there are lots of pics of your conversion. I can guarantee a lot of us on here will be following.
I know not everyone likes lambo doors on corvettes or anything but a lambo but I'm going to install a set. is there anyone here that has installed them on there C5 and have any tips before I start ? ( Don't Do It -is not a tip lol ) I've watched a few vids but hard to find c5 specifically? thanks View attachment 23761 View attachment 23762

Old thread that instasearch showed up but maybe relevant.

Lambo Doors

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I never did it , but a friend did on his camaro and was sorry later. To get them to fit right was a huge pain. The geometery seemed to change after a short while, the cylinders didn't hold shortly after the install, and getting out was not easy when the door would not go up .
I'd suggest doing the pass side first, get the hang of it then tackle the driver side. Use body tape or something on the door edge and fenders to protect it from chips untill you get the gaps right. Good luck.

Reactions: Riderfan and C5 Bob
I had them installed on my C7 last year. They're ok but I wouldn't do it again. They're a novelty that draws an awful lot of attention at car shows but they're also heavy getting out of the car compared to the stock hinges. The other problem I had was trying to find someone who had the skill, knowledge and experience to install them. I finally found a guy who knew a guy who owned a shop. His name is Rob Divita and he owns Divita Auto Salon in Calgary. I was starting to think I wouldn't find anyone I trusted to install them but he did an amazing job. Takes a while as there are MANY different adjustments to make to ensure they don't rub or bind. Now they're in and I have learned to live with them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 3.32.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 3.32.49 PM.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 33
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.