You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Warranty be damned, think I'm going to 1 7/8 Kooks or similar longtube headers. After reading 1000 threads on xpipes and various other mods and hearing people say they spent 1000.00 plus and lost power or car is not loud enough, this seems like the best solution. Certainly open to opinions! Going to call Davenport today.

Attachments

• 61dRjli+ySL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61dRjli+ySL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

I went with Speed Engineering 1 7/8 headers with X-pipe and couldn't be happier, and for $565 USD no other brand come close to that price. The only complaint I have is that there's about 10 joints which need to be clamped on the x-pipe which made aligning everything on jack stands a little tricky. I used high temp silicone in the joints and clamped everything down tight and haven't had any issues since I installed them in September.

Speed Engineering headers aren't as popular on the Corvette forums (which I'm assuming because they aren't hyped by sponsors) but the Camaro / Mustang guys love them. I couldn't justify paying the Corvette tax at x4 the amount for the popular brands of headers for essentially the same thing.

Reactions: ccltj and Bixter44

I went with Speed Engineering 1 7/8 headers with X-pipe and couldn't be happier, and for $565 USD no other brand come close to that price. The only complaint I have is that there's about 10 joints which need to be clamped on the x-pipe which made aligning everything on jack stands a little tricky. I used high temp silicone in the joints and clamped everything down tight and haven't had any issues since I installed them in September.

Speed Engineering headers aren't as popular on the Corvette forums (which I'm assuming because they aren't hyped by sponsors) but the Camaro / Mustang guys love them. I couldn't justify paying the Corvette tax at x4 the amount for the popular brands of headers for essentially the same thing.
Wow great price point and stainless, mandrel bent, even with exchange seems like a heck of a deal! Thanks for sharing! Will they work while retaining NPP I wonder? Update; The guys at Speed Engineering got back to me, they will work with NPP! Davenport is working on a quote for me as well, catless with ARH longtubes and maintain NPP. Yes I am talking to myself :) Will still need a tune though i assume?

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Wow great price point and stainless, mandrel bent, even with exchange seems like a heck of a deal! Thanks for sharing! Will they work while retaining NPP I wonder? Update; The guys at Speed Engineering got back to me, they will work with NPP! Davenport is working on a quote for me as well, catless with ARH longtubes and maintain NPP. Yes I am talking to myself :) Will still need a tune though i assume?

Go Dan go. 👍👍

Reactions: ccltj and Dantanman
Isn’t anyone worried about the microphones that they have set up, in & around Edmonton? I have seen them.

I’m already worried that my music, is too loud. Now that I’ve been driving my new Z, for two weeks, I’m worried when I hit the gas I’m going to get a Warning and eventually a Ticket, for noise.

Am I wrong?

Isn’t anyone worried about the microphones that they have set up, in & around Edmonton? I have seen them.

I’m already worried that my music, is too loud. Now that I’ve been driving my new Z, for two weeks, I’m worried when I hit the gas I’m going to get a Warning and eventually a Ticket, for noise.

Am I wrong?
Pick your spots, they appear to be permanent set ups not easily moved around. They claim enforcement is a long way off, laws changed or enacted. Even the modded cars are probably well within the limits under light throttle.

Reactions: ccltj
Warranty be damned, think I'm going to 1 7/8 Kooks or similar longtube headers. After reading 1000 threads on xpipes and various other mods and hearing people say they spent 1000.00 plus and lost power or car is not loud enough, this seems like the best solution. Certainly open to opinions! Going to call Davenport today.
I installed the Kooks 2 inch long tube headers with green catted x-pipe and had car tuned by Davenport and I'm very happy with them. I also supercharged my Z51 so not sure exactly the power increase on just the headers but I can tell you lack of sound is not a problem. 😁

I installed the Kooks 2 inch long tube headers with green catted x-pipe and had car tuned by Davenport and I'm very happy with them. I also supercharged my Z51 so not sure exactly the power increase on just the headers but I can tell you lack of sound is not a problem. 😁
They are no doubt the experts when it comes to modding cars! Heck when my supercharged C7 was sitting in Vancouver I asked guys there where to take the car and they said Davenport.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.