Jul 1, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1994 Convertible
Province
NL
I've had the Vette for 2 months now, and I dig the car more every day. I'm also finding something wacko that a previous owner did while maintaining/repairing the car pretty much every time I start poking around.

Here's a running list so far. I'll add to this thread as I find more (and I know I will!).

Parking brake cable replaced but left hanging under the x-brace and zip-tied to left rear wheel sensor harness. (corrected)

Starter wire connected, left dangling under the tranny. (to be corrected)

New double-din touch screen audio system installed including 4 new speakers:
- Huge Sony Xplod amp (unnecessarily huge) laid in rear compartment but not anchored in any way (to be removed and replaced/anchored properly)
- Front speakers don't appear to be connected (to be replaced and connected)
- New cheap non-power antenna laid in the rear compartment untethered (power antenna to be repaired)

Window seals replaced many years ago with a metric f***ton of contact cement. (all seals now replaced with the exception of the right main door seal - maybe this weekend)

Left door handle repaired, outer door handle rod straightened making lock unusable. (corrected)

Power lock switch bezels broken but held in place (poorly) with big washers. (parts on order - switches, bezels and wiring harnesses)

Left outer door handle attached with incorrect fasteners. (working for now. On the to-do list when door handle replaced)

Left lower front vent panel cracked, I assume from removing the battery and not loosening the bottom hidden bolt and trying to rip the panel out. (hope to fix over the winter)

And today's find...
I've been trying to get the headlights aimed properly but couldn't get it to align. I discovered tonight that the right headlight is installed upside down. I have LED upgrades on the way so that will get corrected soon.

Stay tuned - more to come, no doubt!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.