Mar 4, 2015
Surrey, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51
Well my key popped off the holder (again) and I believe it is lost, this is an annoying problem I guess I'll leave it on a separate ring in the future, does anyone know what the replacement cost is ?

Well my key popped off the holder (again) and I believe it is lost, this is an annoying problem I guess I'll leave it on a separate ring in the future, does anyone know what the replacement cost is ?
I keep my fob for the C7 separate - always in my pocket. It will be expensive to replace to be sure. You must have got 2 with your car though? Oh, perhaps you are saying the key out of the fob itself and you lost it only? Sorry - not wide awake - just drinking 1st cup of coffee. Sorry about the loss!!!

Normally I have to work like heck to get the key out of the FOB. Sounds like yours is defective. Maybe your dealer should replace it. Ok ya good luck with that. Are they both like this?
Mine always goes in the pocket to avoid any chance of losing it or accidentally scratching the car with it hanging in the belt loop.
Then it’s the washing machine panic that engages pretty much every time as I often forget it’s there. :Biggrin:
Those things are not cheap but I’d get a new one along with your new key as really the key should not be popping out.
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.