Featured Thread
Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
There has been multiple threads on this subject however I ran across this today. Most of this we have figured out or broke down and read the manual, but Zany Rick has done a real good video on these items. He doesn’t mention the safety switch in the back of the seat that will prevent the memory feature from functioning but does add something new for me with the manual seat back release.

The skip shift stuff is likely already all figured out by any of us who don’t have the override installed.

This guy is ok. Great attitude and truly loves Corvette.

I think the memory safety switch was only installed on the 2014/2015 years, I don't think it was an issue with later models.

Interesting as my memory would not work at all except with the buttons until I moved the seat ahead a bit from it’s maximum position to the rear and reset the exit position.
Now it works automatically every time.

The configuration is the same at least through the 2017 models.

Here’s an article on the subject that explains it in much more detail.

2014 - 2017 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Diagnostic Tip - Memory Seat / Power Seat Operational Characteristics

The GM guide says to do exactly that (move the seat ahead slightly and reset the memory) Wish I would have found this sooner actually as there is plenty of good quick references in it.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...2017/Chevrolet/Corvette/Get to Know Guide.pdf
Either way it worked. 😀

Last edited:
Holy crap … this was good :thumbs:
What an absolute winner you have found here @ddgermann :thumbs::thumbs:

… and I love the suggestion of what to do with my Wife's key fob for my C7 :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
just as much as she will love the same suggestion for what she can do to my key fob for her C7 :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I can't wait for the two fob exit setting to actually work for either of us by just opening the door (so it appears) :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Also to find the seat back release as every time I sit all I wanna do is drive it …

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Yeah but who reads the Owners Manual?:Biggrin:

I am willing to bet that there are things on my C5 that I have no knowledge of simply because of skipping over what does not look important. Yikes.

I’m the same. Today I accidentally discovered a couple little things that will make the car more user friendly. 😂

Was busy today with this video on my iX in my C7 and discovered two things after 15000kms ...

1. Always wondered if the seat can move forward when a piece of paper falls to the back of it ...
never really looked for the latch until seeing it on this video ... it's right there in front of my nose ...
and I just found my MITM hotel confirmation (needed 3 months ago) behind my seat today Derek :Woot:

2. Both key fobs in the car; set exit position; set my position for key fob #1 (as it's my C7 after all :Shifty:).
Checked settings on the screen and the memory settings were never turned on :Wideyed: ...
and now I know why it never worked :Rage:. I just had too many better things to do than worry about it I guess ... it's now fixed :thumbs:

Oh yes, and I did remember to go find my wife's key fob #2 in the lawn after jumping for joy :joyful:

Thank you for posting this @ddgermann and now I'm gonna find out how to subscribe to this fellas free info postings ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Freda took her C7 in for oil renew last week. Got it back and all the Seat Memory Features are gone.
Now having trouble resetting Seat Memory. I came back to this Thread for the help of this video.
I've now saved a copy of the video. Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread