Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
I usually post these PSAs once or twice a year. Please be mindful of leaving your personal info in profile posts as well as regular posts and threads.

I'm noticing a number of email addresses, and phone numbers in profile posts and regular posts. Profile posts are public, viewable by all including unregistered users and are crawled by search bots/spiders (google and more nefarious ones) many times a day. This means bad actors can, will and likely already have lifted that info from our public facing pages which might explain why duct cleaning is suddenly a hot topic on your voicemail :) In all seriousness do be mindful of info you leave. CCF will not actively moderate, mask nor be held liable for any damages you may incur as a result of info you have elected to put on a public facing page so keep that in mind. What you deem 'private' and confidential is up to you. Personally I would avoid leaving even my email address in a post (or at the very least have a public/spam email addy that isn't tied to anything important).

Private Messages (Private Conversations) are private and never crawled by bots so you're safer exchanging private info via that channel.

Users who are viewing this thread