Jul 2, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray 2lt
Province
ON
Just so everyone understands. Bought a new GTA Trans Am in 87, what a nightmare. Car was bought back after a year. Swore I would never buy another GM sports car. Well, I am the new owner of a 2019 Stingray 2lt. Car started making noise in the rear end when brand new. How this got to the consumer is beyond me. Took it in for the 800 km oil change and notified the dealership early. Checked everything could not find anything. Went for a ride in the rain, could not hear anything? No kidding. Have another appointment Thursday. Went to Kingston, 4 1/2 hours both ways, annoying as hell. Keep everyone posted and if anyone is experiencing the same, let me know. The price of this car, are you kidding me???

maybe it is tire or exhaust noise ? if you take your foot off the gas pedal does it quit or change pitch ? noticeable at all speeds ? any funny sounds when slow turning a circle sharp left or right ?

Just so everyone understands. Bought a new GTA Trans Am in 87, what a nightmare. Car was bought back after a year. Swore I would never buy another GM sports car. Well, I am the new owner of a 2019 Stingray 2lt. Car started making noise in the rear end when brand new. How this got to the consumer is beyond me. Took it in for the 800 km oil change and notified the dealership early. Checked everything could not find anything. Went for a ride in the rain, could not hear anything? No kidding. Have another appointment Thursday. Went to Kingston, 4 1/2 hours both ways, annoying as hell. Keep everyone posted and if anyone is experiencing the same, let me know. The price of this car, are you kidding me???

maybe it is tire or exhaust noise ? if you take your foot off the gas pedal does it quit or change pitch ? noticeable at all speeds ? any funny sounds when slow turning a circle sharp left or right ?
Hi No noticeable pitch changes, no noises when turning. Only at speed, mostly sounds like the axles going to fall off. More noticeable on load going up a grade at any speed, thanks

Hi No noticeable pitch changes, no noises when turning. Only at speed, mostly sounds like the axles going to fall off. More noticeable on load going up a grade at any speed, thanks

Was the diff fluid checked? There is tons of people who went through something similar and this was the cause.
Not filled correctly

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Was the diff fluid checked? There is tons of people who went through something similar and this was the cause.
Not filled correctly
Hi, Took the mechanic for a ride and it was raining so I rescheduled. Said he checked diff fluid and it was ok? Have appointment on Thursday. New info from forum said torque converter not releasing because of v4 and v8 switching back and forth. Try shifting in paddle mode and see if the problem is still there. Heading out to try that. Let you know thanks.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi, Took the mechanic for a ride and it was raining so I rescheduled. Said he checked diff fluid and it was ok? Have appointment on Thursday. New info from forum said torque converter not releasing because of v4 and v8 switching back and forth. Try shifting in paddle mode and see if the problem is still there. Heading out to try that. Let you know thanks.
Took the vette for a ride today. Tried all different positions of driving. Paddle shift only, automatic, air condition on, air conditioning off still making the rear end noise. Going to dealership tomorrow to drive with the mechanic. See what happens. This must be fixed. Will also talk to the service manager.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.