Jul 2, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray 2lt
Province
ON
Went to the dealership for the chattering, worbling, noise, what ever its called. Took mechanic for a ride, asked me to take others for a ride. Took out two,base models and two grand sports. Two base models were the same, can't believe it. Two grand sports I could hear the noise but it harder because of the ground effects package. I was told that's the way they are? As soon as I start up an incline around 1500 rpm the chattering starts. Lots more about this on the American site. I guess next is the service manager then GM. So that's the way they are, we are just suppose to accept the bad parts. I guess

well at least you now know what is what. Very good of the dealer to let you take out 4 other cars to compare. Is there the option of just returning the car ? maybe laying down a insulation pad on the floor and sound deadening undercoat to help quiet it down ? keep complaining don't give up.

When the dealers can't figure things out, they can sometimes get pretty stupid. A mechanic I know, who worked at a dealership, had a new car come back with a tinkling noise in the back. He drove it and heard nothing, had someone ride with him and heard nothing. Then had the couple go out with him. They had their dog in the car this time. It was the chain around the dog's neck that was tinkling and the dog went everywhere with them. They got billed for all the time that they took up.

I’m on my 3rd Z06 and I never had and don’t have anything like this.
Maybe I’m just deaf from all the rock and roll 🎸 🤷‍♂️
Like you,my tunes are pretty loud on the highway,but I do have a noise from the back as well. I’m pretty sure it’s the ZP Pilot PS2 325s that contribute to that. It’s more of a low frequency hum if I were to best describe it.

Last edited:
Went to the dealership for the chattering, worbling, noise, what ever its called. Took mechanic for a ride, asked me to take others for a ride. Took out two,base models and two grand sports. Two base models were the same, can't believe it. Two grand sports I could hear the noise but it harder because of the ground effects package. I was told that's the way they are? As soon as I start up an incline around 1500 rpm the chattering starts. Lots more about this on the American site. I guess next is the service manager then GM. So that's the way they are, we are just suppose to accept the bad parts. I guess
Not sure if read my reply in your first thread but I can tell you that you need to keep a close eye on it. I've had my fair share of glitches with the car and a whole new transmission and new differential all my issues are gone. However it took multiple visits to the dealership and got same response that my issues are normal. I eventually brought it to another shop who found that my torque converter was no good. Went to a completely new dealer who agreed and replaced my transmission. Fast fwd 1 year later and my differential also seem to be making noise then starting to leak just a little so brought it to the new dealer and yep they found bad seal. They ordered me a new one and when it arrived the new one out of the box also had a cracked seal. It was really small but head shop guy refused to just put it on and got me another one. A few weeks later got a new differential that he was happy with and I've since put on 3000km. Changed out the oil based on head shop guys recommendation and all seems great. Not to say your issue is the exact same but trust me not sure I buy that it's normal. If you have speed shop who deals with vettes or Camaros might be a good idea to get their opinion. My next vette will be a manual lol.

It is very interesting to try to pinpoint noises in cars especially Corvettes. Sometimes the noise you are hearing is a combination of a few things. I am very anal with hearing noises in my C4 but I am getting more and more used to living with them. Last it sounded like the lug nuts weren't torqued correctly, or a bad ball joint, but everything in the front end is in good shape. And then, there are the times when you could really tach up the car in 2nd and the roar and hums sound like they're coming from another world.
I think it's best to live with them. I am drawing a parallel between Corvettes and cars in general with guitars. Maybe the rock n' roll days made my hearing so bad it actually got better over the years. What I'm saying as an example is you can go into a good guitar shop and play two exact Martin Acoustic guitars and they don't feel the same to play, or sound quite the same. Some guitars just are a better product like some cars are a better product. Two exact ZO6's can have a different dynamics of sounds just for no apparent reason at all. Although guitars and Corvettes aren't the same when you get a good one with no extra sounds or buzzes, you keep it for life.
Listen to my album called "Lucky 7", for the fun of it. www.lubolink.com
Sharkface

Hey Vetting:

Sorry to hear of your problem.

It's important to differentiate between the infamous "warble", which is caused by insufficient fluid in the differential, the well known "shudder", which is the failure of the lock-up clutch in the TC and plain old road noise for which the C7 is famous. Those big Michelins, combined with varying road surfaces, can put out some pretty significant vibrations and oscillations which lead to a fair bit of cabin noise. The fact that you drove 4 new C7's and found them to be the same, or similar, tells me that it may well be road noise. It's also possible that you're hearing something else entirely like a torque tube problem or a tire issue, but it's not likely.

I don't now how close you are to your next oil change but at that time, or sooner if you're really concerned, get the dealer to check the fluid level in the differential. I just changed mine, 2019 GS with 4000 kl, and it was about a half a quart low. The dif takes approximately 2.8 US quarts. This was not enough to cause the warble noise. The warble problem was primarily related to a limited number of 2015 and 2016 C7's where the dif was under-filled by about 1 quart as well as having incorrect shimming on the pinion. It has not been a major problem with later models. The videos in this post, #3, may be helpful: Warble noise 2019 C7 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion.

To check for TC shudder, take the car out on a long, flat stretch of road. Make sure that you're in "D", take it up to 100 - 120 kl and hold a steady speed. It doesn't matter what drive mode you're in, Tour or Sport will be fine. Watch your display and look for the change from "V8" to "V4". If you see an RPM variation of 100 to 150 while in "V4" mode and you can feel the shudder, like driving over a rumble strip, then you may have the TC problem. It would be helpful to know the mileage on your car but, being a 2019, it's unlikely that you have enough on it to be experiencing the "shudder".

Try these few things, they might help you narrow down the problem. Based on the information provided, my guess is that you're just experiencing the normal sounds of this exceptional car.

Best regards
Ross

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.