Featured Thread
Jun 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1985 Corvette
My C4 is an all original, numbers matching, car. I was going to change the overdrive fluid and service the trans myself. I bought a new wheel bearing, trans service kit, and brought the car to Classic Coach in Southford, Ct. I was going to do the work myself because I still love turning wrenches. No can do at 66. It's too hard jacking up a car, crawling under it etc. My pay from this pandemic stuff as a substitute teacher afforded me to have the work done. These guys do expert work both mechanically and body wise. They fixed up my Lexus daily driver after a tornado dropped branches on it. The car looks new.
While the C4 was there, they noticed the water pump leaking. this is expensive with the AC and pollution pump in the way.

850.00 later, the C4 runs smooth like it never did. These guys are cool, if they like your car and you they will do extra things like check the timing, etc.

I recently put new rubber weather strip on the windshield and A pillars. A much more difficult proposition than I thought. I ordered it from Eckler's Corvette and got the wrong stuff 3 times. Be sure to realize that the new rubber A pillar weather strip is a 3 piece which goes over the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.