Apr 1, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Corvette Coupe
Province
AB
I need to replace the rotors and pads on my 2007 C6 Corvette base coupe with the JL9 brake option. I was told that the originally equipped OEM rotors and pads are no longer available. Do any C6 owners have any replacement recommendations? I would prefer better than OEM quality for maximum performance. Thanks! Michael. Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada.

Check out Rock Auto. They have lot's of selection on various brands. They have Power Stop and Centric stsndard brake rotors in Daily Driver, Premium and Performance depending on what you want to spend or for your needs. -$300.00-$400.00 -$500.00 Canadian dollars for a set of front and back.
I have 170000 km on my original Z51 rotors,and they are still within thickness specs. I did change to ceramic pads at 50000km's

Thanks. I will check out Rock Auto. I can get GM Delco Gold/Professional replacement rotors and pads from GM Parts Depot in Ottawa. I have purchased parts from them in the past and been satisfied with their pricing and delivery.

Area Z51. I checked out Rock Auto. The Power Stop Z23 and Z26 kits are relatively inexpensive. Do have any experience with the Power Stop components?

Area Z51. I checked out Rock Auto. The Power Stop Z23 and Z26 kits are relatively inexpensive. Do have any experience with the Power Stop components?
I do not as I have not replaced my rotors. I have had good luck with other components that I have purchased from them as they carry AC Delco and other well known brands as well for other components and are always the cheapest by far. I purchased a set of Schrader OEM TPM sensors for less than $120.00 shipped on clearance about 5 years ago, and still working OK.
Power Stop has good reviews if you google them. They are a fairly new company established in 1995.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I went with “DBC”. Canadian made rotors. Why not up grade you rotors to a better rotor look .......go on their web site great prices. As for pads I went with Hawks can’t beat them for dust and quietness. You can call Hawk they will tell you the best pad spot for your car.

Thanks for all the advice. Now it's decision time. I have another season of driving left on my pads (and rotors). My C6 has 82,000 kilometers on the odometer. The OEM brake pads and rotors for my 07 C6 Corvette are exorbitant! The AC Delco Gold/Professional replacement pads and rotors are less that 50% of the cost of OEM. I would prefer to keep my C6 "as GM as possible" but it's difficult when aftermarket brake kits by PowerStop and StopTech are much less expensive.

Thanks for all the advice. Now it's decision time. I have another season of driving left on my pads (and rotors). My C6 has 82,000 kilometers on the odometer. The OEM brake pads and rotors for my 07 C6 Corvette are exorbitant! The AC Delco Gold/Professional replacement pads and rotors are less that 50% of the cost of OEM. I would prefer to keep my C6 "as GM as possible" but it's difficult when aftermarket brake kits by PowerStop and StopTech are much less expensive.
Depending on the year GM or AC Delco seem t o not have replacement parts. That’s the problem I’m having with my C5 (2000) so just being careful on torque and replacing parts as close to OEM. Cheers 🍻😷

My contact at GM Parts Depot told me that some OEM brake components for my 07 C6 Coupe with the JL9 brake option (base model). That's another reason to seriously consider aftermarket replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.