May 20, 2017
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1974
Hi, new to this fourm so will start with my burning question:

I have a John Greenwood Daytona 1974 Big Block Corvetre which I built in the early 80's and have been driving and showing since then. Back in the day, I widened he stock wheels to accomodate the body work...10" in the front, 12" in the rear. Now I am having difficulty finding 15" tires to match the wheel width. So its time to move up to perhaps 18's. I have written to a multitude of wheel manufacturers as well as my standby, Ecklers Corvetre Parts without any success. I need the stock offset on the inside but 10 and 12 inch width. Anyone out here have any suppliers/manufacturers I could try? Thanx in advance.

Attachments

• 20170516_161644.jpg
    20170516_161644.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 11
Great looking car Sufarloafhog. Those Greenwood cars are still very cool. He was a true innovator.

Have you tried Hoosier for tires? Just a thought.

I have CCW Wheels on my car, which is now owned by Weld Wheels now, but they will build anything you may want in terms of style, size, offsets and backspacing.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search.

Thanx for the info...will check out Weld Wheels as I have not reached out to them as yet. Regarding tires, I can still get the rears (365x15) from BFG but the fronts (295×15) are nowhere to be found...I lucked out and found 2 in a private garage in souhern Ont last year but for the future...dead in the water. Time for 18s or better now....hey, its onky $$$$$.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.