Sep 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C8 2020
Province
QC
Hi to all,

I passed an order and configure my convertible C8 (not the Z06 ;)) today with the dealer and I selected the J6N option but the dealer can't order that option in the order system. Instead, the dealer puts J6F option which is bright red.

Is is normal that Chevrolet is missing edge-red brake calipers?

Thank you for your help & clarification?

Ian

Reactions: Nik
I don't understand why it's constrained because I can configure on line the J6N option...
The constrained items may not be removed from the online configuring site because their availability is fluid. GM can’t update their site to the new model year nor new (Z06) model in a timely fashion so it’s wishful thinking that constraints will always be updated on the configurator. Sometimes it is, but more often than not it isn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
tempImagehquL0q.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I got the same problem when I got my 2020 C8 coupe...

New to the forum, just came on to share my conversation from yesterday with the sales manager I've been working with and looks like you already heard it here. Finally my turn to order but red mist calipers and engine cover are on constraint. Engine cover is a piece of cake after the fact but I don't want to be paint matching calipers after the fact. The dealership reviews every two weeks so he said I'll stay at the top of the list and he'll just keep reviewing every two weeks until everything in my build is off constraint. If it was April, I'd get black calipers so I could drive it ASAP but it's winter so might as well keep my money in my pocket and wait it out a bit.

Reactions: Murray20c8
New to the forum, just came on to share my conversation from yesterday with the sales manager I've been working with and looks like you already heard it here. Finally my turn to order but red mist calipers and engine cover are on constraint. Engine cover is a piece of cake after the fact but I don't want to be paint matching calipers after the fact. The dealership reviews every two weeks so he said I'll stay at the top of the list and he'll just keep reviewing every two weeks until everything in my build is off constraint. If it was April, I'd get black calipers so I could drive it ASAP but it's winter so might as well keep my money in my pocket and wait it out a bit.
Welcome!
Ya, if you can and want to wait, why not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.