Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi guys. I really like popping into this forum to see what’s happening. I also do that on another Vette forum ( you know which one I mean), and I have to say, it is so much less confrontational and insulting on this site. I have only been around for a few months now, but I have not seen anything posted here that one would consider insulting, or mean spirited, etc. When i go on that other forum, it takes no time at all to find people hurtling insults at each other with reckless abandon, facts be damned. So many of their off topic threads get dragged into the gutter almost immediately with opposing views. The language they use there and the outright racist posts I have read makes me wonder where the hell their moderators are. God forbid you have a different view on guns or Trump on that site, you will be in for a bumpy ride.
Thank you, fellow members, for keeping this forum classy. I really do appreciate it.
Dale.

Hi guys. I really like popping into this forum to see what’s happening. I also do that on another Vette forum ( you know which one I mean), and I have to say, it is so much less confrontational and insulting on this site. I have only been around for a few months now, but I have not seen anything posted here that one would consider insulting, or mean spirited, etc. When i go on that other forum, it takes no time at all to find people hurtling insults at each other with reckless abandon, facts be damned. So many of their off topic threads get dragged into the gutter almost immediately with opposing views. The language they use there and the outright racist posts I have read makes me wonder where the hell their moderators are. God forbid you have a different view on guns or Trump on that site, you will be in for a bumpy ride.
Thank you, fellow members, for keeping this forum classy. I really do appreciate it.
Dale.
Thanks for the words Dale. We definitely try to keep things civil and the bullies at bay.

Yup. I have to agree. Lots of school yard bully mentality. These forums are supposed to bring people together, agreements or not.
I think part of thier problem is along these lines:

Theres nothing wrong with disagreeing. There’s nothing wrong with being wrong. Thats all just part of life. You can disagree with someone and still respect them or not attack them. Thats mostly how it happens here. Differences of opinions are respected here, even if it’s a flat out disagreement.

But it seems like “some places” in this world don’t work that way. Someone who disagrees seems to be seen as someone who is not a valid person these days so any and all manner of attack and demeaning is acceptable.

Canadians tend to be, as a population, fairly tolerant of differences. “Live and let live” as it were. That national attitude tends to be reflected in this particular web forum.

And it’s why I tend to not go to that “other place” anymore....

But it seems like “some places” in this world don’t work that way. Someone who disagrees seems to be seen as someone who is not a valid person these days so any and all manner of attack and demeaning is acceptable.

A little while ago, xfire was demeaned, bullied, attacked, disrespected etc, etc in a very nasty post that was so far outta bounds, I was pinching myself to verify my awake or not status.
All he did was express his thoughts and feelings (quite similar to mine) towards the c8, and he got torn apart.
Double sad outcome...
1) NOTHING was done about it.....flamer did not lose any time or privleges, and,
2) xfire, and all his knowledge and interesting posts are likely gone forever.

Only takes one turd to ruin the lawn.

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat
Dale.

I agree with those remarks 🤣

Seriously thanks for the kind words it is definitely you guys that make this a special place.

A little while ago, xfire was demeaned, bullied, attacked, disrespected etc, etc in a very nasty post that was so far outta bounds, I was pinching myself to verify my awake or not status.
All he did was express his thoughts and feelings (quite similar to mine) towards the c8, and he got torn apart.
Double sad outcome...
1) NOTHING was done about it.....flamer did not lose any time or privleges, and,

It's important to understand that many things happen behind the scenes and not all of them result in public castigation or some sort of announcement of reprimands. We (mods) very often reach out to members to discuss posts that we feel may be inflammatory and either warn them or ask them to reconsider. Majority of the time we don't like to use the stick.

Xfire did mention that he wanted to take some time away from the forums. All mods and myself actually pled with him on more than one occasion to stick around but he had his reasons for leaving which he did not elaborate on. I don't recall those reasons being any specific posts or members on here. We all definitely miss his contributions.

I looked forward to waking up, and reading his posts.
I don't know how to attach posts from other threads. If you go to 'C8 in Bowling Green' post #20 iced the cake, and as soon as I read #21, I knew (sadly) it was over.

Double sad outcome...

I had to fo digging to find it. In the greater scheme of things, it didn’t seem so bad. It wasn’t nice, but not overly bad either. At least not compared to other forums on the internet.

I feel his pain though. I get guys are excited about the new C8, thats to be expected. But man, is there ever a lot of threads about the tiniest of little details.

Again, I get the excitement, but it gets a little tiring after a while.

Oh well, is what it is...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.