charlesorosz

Casual User
Dec 30, 2019
Montreal, Canada
VetteCoins
Hi guys,

Having trouble tracking down why my clock wire isn’t getting 12v constant. Here are the tests I’ve done to try and track down the issue:

There is continuity between the clock wire and cig lighter wire.
There is continuity between the clock wire and both battery terminals when the battery is hooked up.
There is continuity between the clock wire and ground.
However, there is no continuity between the clock wire and the battery terminals when the negative terminal is disconnected. There also isn’t any continuity between the clock wire and the LH/RH courtesy lights.

On a somewhat unrelated note, my blower motor doesn’t seem to work either, so I suspect that it isn’t getting 12v either.

Sort of a beginner at tracking down these problems. If anyone has any advice, I’d love to hear it! Thanks

Not that this will help or be the solution....but many times a gremlin electrical problem is related to a ground somewhere. In my case it was a ground strap from the frame to the engine block for my starting issues.

I realize this isn't your issue but grounds can be a pain in the *** to diagnose.

T

What year is the car and what options? I'm assuming you are working with a wiring diagram....?

This is going to sound stupid but have a quick look down the cigarette lighter socket. See if it looks damaged/slightly melted. Also, see if there’s a coin that is sitting in the bottom of it. More common than you think and I’ll try to dig up a waiting diagram tonight.

Reactions: charlesorosz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread