Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I am, all of a sudden, unable to make or receive calls in my C8. I checked my smart phone and it is set to share contacts, blue tooth is on. I went to my dealer and they had no idea other than to say I might need a newer smart phone? I got my 2022 C8 end of October 2021 and my phone was paired for me at the dealer - after that no issues making or receiving calls while in my C8. Any ideas anyone? Thank you for your help.

You can see if your phone is paired with it. Bluetooth on doesn't necessarily mean it's paired and paired doesn't necessarily mean it's connected.
You should also try relearning it. Make it forget and re-pair it.
Did you dealer look at it or you just asked them over the phone?

You can see if your phone is paired with it. Bluetooth on doesn't necessarily mean it's paired and paired doesn't necessarily mean it's connected.
You should also try relearning it. Make it forget and re-pair it.
Did you dealer look at it or you just asked them over the phone?
The dealer paired it in October last year and it worked fine until lately. I have not done anything. Went to my local dealer and he checked to make sure my phone indicated " share contacts" which was the error message I got when I went to use it in my C8? Very weird. Thanks Murray for your quick response. I rebooted my phone - so, will see if this helps as I am leaving in a few minutes. I check and my phone is paired - but, will verify again. What do you think about the comment from dealer (2 sales guys): I should think about a new phone?

Do you have anything else you can pair your phone to? Another car, earbuds, bluetooth speaker? That should tell you whether there is an issue with your phone. Off the top of my head if it asks to "share contacts" and you don't say yes, then it likely won't call anyone. You can also sit in the car and dial out on your phone. If it's connected the car should take over.

The dealer paired it in October last year and it worked fine until lately. I have not done anything. Went to my local dealer and he checked to make sure my phone indicated " share contacts" which was the error message I got when I went to use it in my C8? Very weird. Thanks Murray for your quick response. I rebooted my phone - so, will see if this helps as I am leaving in a few minutes. I check and my phone is paired - but, will verify again. What do you think about the comment from dealer (2 sales guys): I should think about a new phone?
I'm paired to several devices but I find that I still need to go into my bluetooth setting on the infotainmrnt screen and click 'connect' to the device I want to connect to. Especially if it has been connected to something else lately. Note: That is with my C7 so may or may not do you any good.

Last edited:
Abandoned bluetooth connecting a few years ago and only connect via USB cable on our 2016, 2017 & 2019 vehicles.
Test-proven with both Android (wife’s) & Apple (mine) - same success rates.
Bluetooth was a real pain sometimes connecting, sometimes not. Since using only a usb cable, connection issues have been a thing of the past. Incoming/outgoing Phone calls, maps (google &waze), music always work. The only thing still being a coin-toss is when getting text messages. I chalk that up to the fact that Siri and I do not get along. 😂 Not sure if the C8 has the usb … but that would be my “go-to” method.

“Get a new phone” is absolutely ridiculous as far as I would accept it as reasoning … 🤪
I guess if you asked a phone provider, they would just say “get a different car” too …

Last edited:
Delete the paired phone:
Deleting a Paired Phone 1. Touch the Phone icon on the Home Page or the phone icon on the shortcut tray near the bottom of the display. 2. Touch Phones. 3. Touch the information icon next to the connected cell phone to display the cell phone’s or mobile device’s information display. 4. Touch Forget Device.
Pair the phone:
3. Touch Phones at the top of the infotainment display. There is also a Connect Phones option in the middle of the Phone display which will shortcut to the Phone List menu. 4. Touch Add Phone. 5. Select the vehicle name shown on the infotainment display from your cell phone’s Bluetooth Settings list. 6. Follow the instructions on the cell phone to confirm the six-digit code showing on the infotainment display and touch Pair. The code on the cell phone and infotainment display will need to be acknowledged for a successful pair.

Reactions: Rruuff Day