burly2003

I'm New Here
Jul 19, 2014
Seaforth
VetteCoins
Car
So I have been patiently waiting on my new C7 and my dealer called with an update today. He says that my car is number 271 to be built and that 249 were already built and delivered to canadian dealers. He informs me GM has no production of corvettes for the Canadian market in January and Febuary because of the tire cracking issue. Now I know there was 1 member here who had is delivered in early January but I guess it would have actually been a December production car. This information comes directly from the owner/dealer principle of the dealership.

So I have been patiently waiting on my new C7 and my dealer called with an update today. He says that my car is number 271 to be built and that 249 were already built and delivered to canadian dealers. He informs me GM has no production of corvettes for the Canadian market in January and Febuary because of the tire cracking issue. Now I know there was 1 member here who had is delivered in early January but I guess it would have actually been a December production car. This information comes directly from the owner/dealer principle of the dealership.

Not sure where those numbers come from or what they mean. Not sure precisely when my C7 was built (it is number 12410). Got a call from my dealer on Christmas Eve to say my car was now in Canada (Windsor I assume). Car was delivered to the dealer around January 9th. I got to see it at the dealer on the 12th. It was PDI'd without driving it [shrug]. It was delivered on a flatbed to my garage on January 20th. Just under 1400 '14 C7s made it to Canada.

I thought it was around 1140 Canadian C7's.

The tire issue is certainly of great concern to GM Canada. back in Jan 2014 GM Canada reported 94 deliveries where as in Jan 2015 there were only 21.

Interesting to note is that during the last annual quarter (Oct-Dec) in 2013 a total of 176 Corvettes were reported delivered. This also included a few 2012-2013 C6's so safe to say that around 150 C7 deliveries.

During the same quarter in 2014 there were a total of 152 deliveries. So almost identical.

BG better start building these 2015 C7 fast and send them to us asap or there will be afew upset customers.

On a side note I heard that the 2015 C7 production schedule has been cut by around 8 weeks. Last year 2014's production ended on w/o Aug 4th. This years production is scheduled to end w/o June 8th.

Needless to say it looks as though we will not be getting any more allocations for 2015. At this time all I want is to get all of my orders built asap or hopefully GM will extend the build out date a bit to finish off all the factory orders.

Ojamali. Can you actually tell where cars sit in terms of a number position to be built relative to what has been already built and shipped? I realize you can track deliveries per month to Canada.

I think those of us that received their 2015's in a relatively timely basis are fortunate given what is transpiring. It seems that the wait period is growing by leaps and bounds??? Lots of unhappy people.

I thought it was around 1140 Canadian C7's.

The tire issue is certainly of great concern to GM Canada. back in Jan 2014 GM Canada reported 94 deliveries where as in Jan 2015 there were only 21.

BG better start building these 2015 C7 fast and send them to us asap or there will be afew upset customers.

On a side note I heard that the 2015 C7 production schedule has been cut by around 8 weeks. Last year 2014's production ended on w/o Aug 4th. This years production is scheduled to end w/o June 8th.

Needless to say it looks as though we will not be getting any more allocations for 2015. At this time all I want is to get all of my orders built asap or hopefully GM will extend the build out date a bit to finish off all the factory orders.

Owais: Not sure why I got my C7 delivered in winter while others do not. Could be short-sightedness on GM/BG/Carrier's part that since it is still mild in December in BG that deliveries to Canada can continue. But January, now that's winter time in the Great White North - mustn't deliver to Canada. Hmm, I wonder if BG ships to North Dakota or Wisconsin or even Michigan for that matter during the winter months. It might be significantly warmer the moment you cross the 49th parallel into the You Ess of Eh.:p

It could be true that manufacture of '15s may halt earlier. From the US forum it appears there are lots of '15s that have been built to stock and are sitting unsold in dealers' lots. I fervently believe the Chevrolet division has attitude when it comes to former Pontiac-Buick dealers since they would not have a decent history of selling Corvettes. It just seems to be the complete opposite in Canada. We can't seem to beg, borrow or steal an allocation. Can you say Americanism?

Sorry to hear your allocations have come and gone. Americanism again perhaps. Fill US orders first.

:canada:

Last edited:
Hi burly2003, As far as I know we are unable to give you that specific info from the dealership. but i am pretty sure someone at GM Canada who looks after the Corvette consensus can get that info if they like.

Ojamali. Can you actually tell where cars sit in terms of a number position to be built relative to what has been already built and shipped? I realize you can track deliveries per month to Canada.

Great news! Someone up there must be listening to my prayers.

The 2015 Build out schedule has been extended for another 1 week so now the last week of production as of today is w/o June 15th.

I spoke to two different GM Canada executives earlier today and they were both cautious to make any commitments but told me that there will be more 2015 C7's shipped to Canada this year. They were concerned about the constraints and did not want to commit any any more Z51's.

Tire cracking still an issue after 1.5 years out of the mold at Michelin?
What garbage tires.
This is the only tire in the world to crack in cold temperautes, except those ones on the Model A way back in the 1800's or early 1900's, when they were made from trees. LOL!

Absolute crap of tires.
Drove the car at 14C, and tires still slick like butter.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has never driven a real exotic or sports car with real tires that actually provided traction.
(Or lives in a warm climate in the southern states.)

So Owais, would that mean that those of us who ordered C7's last fall for instance, should expect to receive their vehicles, or that GM doesn't intend to ship many more C7's to Canada this model year?

Hi Simpleman,

When you ordered is important but not as much as "what" you ordered and "where".

They were sure that Canada will get atleast the same number of C7's this year as last year and likely more.

That doesnt mean that your specific dealer will be able to get the allocation to fill the order. A dealer that has no history of selling Corvettes is not likely to get an allocation unless other Corvette dealers are unable to use it. And even if the dealer gets the allocation if you want one that gets blocked by cnstraints then you will not get it. Z51 remains at 50% constraint which isnt a big issue for dealers who got afew Z51's in 2014. But a dealer that only sold 1 C7 in 2014 is SOL.

Also customers who dont intend on tracking the vehicle have a better chance of getting their vehicle much sooner if they drop the Z51 options and settle for ZF1option instead.

So Owais, would that mean that those of us who ordered C7's last fall for instance, should expect to receive their vehicles, or that GM doesn't intend to ship many more C7's to Canada this model year?

Thank you Owais,

Unfortunately, I didn't know about you when I ordered the vehicle.
Which was in early December.
It was ordered from a large dealership in the GTA... they are part of a group including other Chev and GM dealerships.
(Not sure if I'm allowed to say who?)
and they assured me that they had allocations, and gave me an estimate of late June/early July on a Z51 A8.
But honestly, from what I have been reading, I'm not sure that translates into any guarantees.

BTW... your help and info on this forum are greatly appreciated.
In case nobody has told you that!

Great news! Someone up there must be listening to my prayers.

The 2015 Build out schedule has been extended for another 1 week so now the last week of production as of today is w/o June 15th.

I spoke to two different GM Canada executives earlier today and they were both cautious to make any commitments but told me that there will be more 2015 C7's shipped to Canada this year. They were concerned about the constraints and did not want to commit any any more Z51's.

Be better if they could use the extra week to fill all the Z06 orders we Canadian's want. Who cares what we bought in the past, the past is the past deal with the current demand on hand I say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.