Found this little wireless wifi cam by 4UCAM for use with iphone or android.

Been looking for the simplest solution this may be it guys :D. Check out the vids

Anybody using this?

iPhone Android iPad WIFI car backup camera

Good info, I was looking at the lockpick for my 2012 but they don't do it anymore, this might be a pretty good replacement solution at low cost.

Yeah I was looking into that a year ago but you have to rip apart the Nav unit to connect it. Pain in the butt from what others have said. Lots of complaints.

This little unit looks good, simple hook up no running wires or tearing things apart

Last edited:
Yeah I was looking into that a year ago but you have to rip apart the Nav unit to connect it. Pain in the butt from what others have said. Lots of complaints.

This little unit looks good, simple hook up no running wires or tearing things apart

So what Iphone or Ipad to have Peter -- No telephone signal needed right?
Something with a bigger screen like an Ipad would suit me tho which one I have no idea.

Great find.
C.

Last edited:
So what Iphone to have Peter -- No telephone signal needed right?
Something with a bigger screen.
C.

It works with all Iphone and Android devices Colin :D. No signal needed

This is nice a solution without spending a ton of cash on a new audio head unit with backup camera capability.

Last edited:
It works with all Iphone and Android devices Colin :D. No signal needed

This is nice a solution without spending a ton of cash on a new audio head unit with backup camera capability.

Any recommendation to which Iphone or Android at a reasonable cost for this application Peter? I know zilch about them.

Thanks,

Colin

Last edited:
Iphone5(I5) is the latest and greatest from Apple. bigger screen-- 4 inch screen. I have

the I4--3.5 inch screen. You can get the 4 for a cheaper price since its last years model

I have to agree with everyone here that this is quite a neat product. Hooking it up to an iPad would be quite cool and give a good sized screen. Mounting the iPad to the dash or windshield may not be easy and look so good however. :rofl:

Quite a neat product though! I like it.

From what I understand, a small tablet whit android can do the job for a very affordable cost. If I go that route, I will also buy a tablet holder that fits in the cup older or buy a spare left sun visor and fix it to it. Even have the possibility to get 2 cameras but if you red the entire article, it's takes a little more skill. My concern is not really about the back as most of us stop way far then we think we really are from any obstacle, it's the front whit the carbon fiber splitter. This very expensive part is very low and it's hard to figure out how fare we are from curb's. I just bought a mini curb alert pre-wired for corvette on promotion at the black Friday, will install during winter. Last fall, I did tough a curb but only damaged the 3M plastic film on it that I repair whit a hear gun and a bear (second piece of equipment is as important as the first one).

Well I finally put in my wirless backup cam..Works awesome!

http://www.4ucam.com/iphone-android-ipad-WIFI-Backup-Camera.html

Here are a few pics. I removed the original cam that came with it and put this nice tiny cubed one in instead...The bracket is hidden behind the plate. The original cam bracket was on the outside of the plate and bulky looking, I didnt like it. I sprayed the sides of the cam and bracket with silver paint to blend in with the car better.... Here are a few pics

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread