Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2015 NRB Z51 Coupe
Province
BC
Her name is Vettelana (my girlfriend came up with that one) she is the other woman and she is intoxicating beautiful on the outside, has a powerful soul, and is refined on the inside.

A 2015 Stingray Z51 3LT coupe in Night Race blue metallic with Brownstone interior. Options include the carbon fiber dash (love the look of that matte finish carbon), exposed carbon fiber roof, mag suspension, carbon flash painted emblem pkg, and of course the perf. exhaust which now comes standard with Z51.

Love the exterior colour, which was a quick decision that I was forced to make when I was told that my original 2014 Cyber grey order could not be filled and that I had just hours to order a 2015. Also happy with Brownstone interior, it is a very rich looking colour and the suede parts add an extra layer of texture that I like.

Still coming to terms with all the tech (and I work in a technology-based profession) but most things seem to be fairly intuitive.

I agonized over the transmission decision and eventually went with the automatic (two knee surguries for hockey injuries and the thought of city traffic, plus, if we are going take long trips with this car and I want a break from driving that's probably going to be the difference between my girlfriend getting behind the wheel for a few hours or not). The new A8 is smooth and shifts very quickly, although I really haven't driven her on a road yet where I can assess the high performance ability of this unit.

Like I said, I still need to take her on a nice long drive on some great roads to fully appreciate this remarkable car. But so far I can say that the steering is amazing, the power seems ready, willing and able to take on any commands my right foot dares to ask for and the seats seem quite comfortable even for someone that's 6'2" tall. I can't wait to really put her to the test on some challenging roads, but with my racing background, the track is probably the place where I will truly fall in love with her.

Have a look at some pics on my Flickr site. https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedracer/

Great pics. Congrats and let us know if you do track the car. My understanding is that the car has to have at least 2500Km on it to do so, otherwise you void the warranty.

Great pics. Congrats and let us know if you do track the car. My understanding is that the car has to have at least 2500Km on it to do so, otherwise you void the warranty.

Thanks for advising me of that number... I may have assumed that as long as I was over the break in period that I would have been good.

I don't think that there will be many opportunities to get onto a track before spring now. Being on the mild westcoast will allow me to drive her most of the winter so by spring I shouldn't be too far away from 2500 km.

When I do get her on the track I'll let everyone know how she does.

Last edited:
Thanks for advising me of that number... I may have assumed that as long as I was over the break in period that I would have been good.

I don't think that there will be many opportunities to get onto a track before spring now. Being on the mild westcoast will allow me to drive her most of the winter so by spring I shouldn't be too far away from 2500 km.

When I do get her on the track I'll let everyone know how she does.

Confirm with your owner's manual as there other requirements for tracking which I believe include an oil change and applying the brake cooling rings provided by your dealer. It may sound like a lot of rigamorole, but at least from what I read over at the Cayman forums, GM unlike Porsche actually has a process for allowing owners to track and stay within terms of the warranty.

Confirm with your owner's manual as there other requirements for tracking which I believe include an oil change and applying the brake cooling rings provided by your dealer. It may sound like a lot of rigamorole, but at least from what I read over at the Cayman forums, GM unlike Porsche actually has a process for allowing owners to track and stay within terms of the warranty.

Thanks, I have the track prep sheet and will be following it.

CB

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.