Feb 23, 2009
VetteCoins
I’m new here, so I thought I would introduce myself. Long time Corvette, Camaro, Harley and 993 enthusiast. Sold my 2012 Grand Sport in anticipation of the C7, but couldn’t come to like the rear end, so I moved on to other cars. Finally coming back to Corvette with a 2021 C8 (my 10th Corvette). I’m on the list at Bill Spencer and I am thinking that I’ll order a Torch Red 1LT Coupe with body coloured side blades, NPP, red calipers and the engine appearance package. I’ve enjoyed reading the threads here so far And have learned a lot!
3CCE981D-509E-422C-BD14-BB98BB27C44F.jpeg

Awesome intro Mark! We've both come to Corvettes from 911s and you'll love the car.

There's a bunch of great folks here on the forum that met up at both @Murray20c8 meet and the GM building C8 meet. Should be a fun spring and summer watching all these new C8's get delivered from Bill Spencer.

Your spec is great and I feel Torch Red is one of the only colors that can pull off everything body colored matching. However, I feel Red Mist might need consideration once we start to see deliveries (very similar or brighter than the 993 Arena Red you had).

Nice spec! Very Ferrari looking! Does Spencer's think they can get you a 2021? From what I have read dealers aren't being told their allocation for the year. Appears to be month to month?

Thanks guys!

I agree Cam...I need to see a few of these in the flesh before locking anything in. I hope to meet up with you all next year for sure!

No promises from Spencer, but based on prior allocations, they think I might get one in July.

Nice spec! Very Ferrari looking! Does Spencer's think they can get you a 2021? From what I have read dealers aren't being told their allocation for the year. Appears to be month to month?
Ya and that is interesting because the U.S. dealers got 3 months worth and will again in February where as the Canadian dealers will get theirs monthly it appears.

I’m new here, so I thought I would introduce myself. Long time Corvette, Camaro, Harley and 993 enthusiast. Sold my 2012 Grand Sport in anticipation of the C7, but couldn’t come to like the rear end, so I moved on to other cars. Finally coming back to Corvette with a 2021 C8 (my 10th Corvette). I’m on the list at Bill Spencer and I am thinking that I’ll order a Torch Red 1LT Coupe with body coloured side blades, NPP, red calipers and the engine appearance package. I’ve enjoyed reading the threads here so far And have learned a lot!View attachment 75112
Between my wife and myself, we’ve owned about 10 cars over the past 25 years, and now I just bought my first Vette, a 2020 C8 2LT. Kudos on your 10 Corvettes! Being new to Corvette I didn’t know what to expect but found C8 truly a fun car to drive, and easy as well, and this is coming from a first time sports car owner. I was thinking about your colour combo but was overruled by my wife who wanted the Blue with tan interior.

Ya and that is interesting because the U.S. dealers got 3 months worth and will again in February where as the Canadian dealers will get theirs monthly it appears.
Reality is during these times everything is day! Think they did well producing as many cars as they did for 2020 considering the circumstances.

Hi Mark. My C8 arrived in October and managed to put 1000km on it before it went to bed for the winter................
Davigar, nice looking spec, guessing it is a 3lt! 👍
The black piece under the door, is that factory or aftermarket? I don’t recall seeing it on the options list.

Hi Mark. My C8 arrived in October and managed to put 1000km on it before it went to bed for the winter................
Yes, it is an o
Davigar, nice looking spec, guessing it is a 3lt! 👍
The black piece under the door, is that factory or aftermarket? I don’t recall seeing it on the options list.
Yes, it is on the option list for the car. About $700. Not sure exactly what the description. I was back and forth on the black Nacelles and black roof on this car, but really happy I stayed with body color on those. The only thing I wished I did was carbon fiber accents on the inside.

Yes, it is an o

Yes, it is on the option list for the car. About $700. Not sure exactly what the description. I was back and forth on the black Nacelles and black roof on this car, but really happy I stayed with body color on those. The only thing I wished I did was carbon fiber accents on the inside.
It’s the rocker panel extension- I considered it but was concerned that it would get in the way and I may step on it while getting out of the car. Did you notice any such problem? Apparently it’s supposed to help with preventing road debris hitting the side

It’s the rocker panel extension- I considered it but was concerned that it would get in the way and I may step on it while getting out of the car. Did you notice any such problem? Apparently it’s supposed to help with preventing road debris hitting the side
I don't see it getting in the way and no issue stepping on it. I got it solely to add a bit more black to the car (as I also did black mirrors). It's a pricy piece for what it does.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Between my wife and myself, we’ve owned about 10 cars over the past 25 years, and now I just bought my first Vette, a 2020 C8 2LT. Kudos on your 10 Corvettes! Being new to Corvette I didn’t know what to expect but found C8 truly a fun car to drive, and easy as well, and this is coming from a first time sports car owner. I was thinking about your colour combo but was overruled by my wife who wanted the Blue with tan interior.
Do you find the tan on the dash causes glare problems. I have heard alot of people saying they will only do dark color on the dash. Congrats on the C8. I had the Jag F Type before this. Loved the noise on that car, but man oh man, the mid engine sure makes driving this car fun, especially in cornering. Only hate if the blind spot on the right side.

Awesome intro Mark! We've both come to Corvettes from 911s and you'll love the car.

There's a bunch of great folks here on the forum that met up at both @Murray20c8 meet and the GM building C8 meet. Should be a fun spring and summer watching all these new C8's get delivered from Bill Spencer.

Your spec is great and I feel Torch Red is one of the only colors that can pull off everything body colored matching. However, I feel Red Mist might need consideration once we start to see deliveries (very similar or brighter than the 993 Arena Red you had).
My new Red Mist HTC will be a Spencers very soon and it will stay there until late April if anyone wants to see one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread