kerry4

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked
Nov 14, 2019
VetteCoins
Has anyone used one of these? It's suppose to bypass the econo mode so that cylinders don't shut off. A buddy of mine knows lots about cars and Corvettes and has 2019 Grand Sport right now. I forget what he called it because he talks over my head about cars. LOL. He wanted me to order one off Amazon because he doesn't have an account. So I did. They run around $400.00? He said when down cylinders isn't good for the motor and can cause problems years down the road. Says gas mileage is just as good too.

Heres the write up about it.

• Full Power all the time. No more shuddering or dropping cylinders.
  • Fast and easy Setup. Simply Plug in Range into your OBD-ll port and it instantly begins working to eliminate the AFM system.
  • All-Terrain/All Weather. No matter where you go, or how the weather is outside, Range delivers the power and control you need for every situation.
  • Safe! The Range doesn't reprogram your factory ECU, and leaves no trace once you remove it.
  • Power to the people!!

Attachments

• 61CULSSD+eL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61CULSSD+eL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
FYI, I have a 2010 truck with the 5.3l engine and have never had any issues yet after 215000kms. Unless I have the DIC showing the right page I never know when the engine is 4 cyl or 8cyl mode. But I have no idea if the newer engines have any issues. And yes, it seriously does help the gas mileage in my truck when I am on the highway.

AFM disabler. Order from range direct if you want future version updates. Buying anywhere else you can't. Worked great on our my17 GS. $400 on Amazon:eek:.

Order from range direct $189 usd and pick your color.

Guys were buying them on earlier a8's as the AFM deactivating cylinders was hard on the torque convertor. Lots of threads on this topic if you google search.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerry4
Has anyone used one of these? It's suppose to bypass the econo mode so that cylinders don't shut off. A buddy of mine knows lots about cars and Corvettes and has 2019 Grand Sport right now. I forget what he called it because he talks over my head about cars. LOL. He wanted me to order one off Amazon because he doesn't have an account. So I did. They run around $400.00? He said when down cylinders isn't good for the motor and can cause problems years down the road. Says gas mileage is just as good too.

• Fast and easy Setup. Simply Plug in Range into your OBD-ll port and it instantly begins working to eliminate the AFM system.
  • All-Terrain/All Weather. No matter where you go, or how the weather is outside, Range delivers the power and control you need for every situation.
  • Safe! The Range doesn't reprogram your factory ECU, and leaves no trace once you remove it.
  • Power to the people!!
Never used this specifically but it was highly recommended when I had my custom tune done to get rid of the cylinder deactivation so I agreed to allow the tuner to bypass it. I never noticed any change in mileage for daily driving so definitely don't miss it.

Reactions: kerry4

• Power to the people!!

If you check the US Corvette forum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/_) you'll find a lot of postings about this. I get the impression that it works well & many C7 owners are happy with it. I have an M7 so mine doesn't go into the cylinder deactivation mode unless I specifically go into Eco mode...which I never have & never will. For A8's I understand that you don't have that choice.

Thanks guys. It was something had never heard of before so was looking for some feedback from people that have tried it and if it made a difference and whether it was a good thing or just another gimmick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.