Featured Thread
Oct 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 2LT Z51
Province
ON
So on the weekend I decided I wanted to try the launch function for the first time on my C8.

So I went to a business area that was empty but I saw three police SUV lined up and they were training K9s. I decided to drive up to them and say hello. Well they wanted to see the car and they loved it. I confessed to them I wanted to try the launch function and they said they would love to see it. So right in front of them in a parking lot I let it go. They loved it, I loved it. They told me if I hit a pole, they would just turn their backs...we laughed and I went on my way...well thats my interesting story...😉

So on the weekend I decided I wanted to try the launch function for the first time on my C8.

So I went to a business area that was empty but I saw three police SUV lined up and they were training K9s. I decided to drive up to them and say hello. Well they wanted to see the car and they loved it. I confessed to them I wanted to try the launch function and they said they would love to see it. So right in front of them in a parking lot I let it go. They loved it, I loved it. They told me if I hit a pole, they would just turn their backs...we laughed and I went on my way...well thats my interesting story...😉
Great story! I find the K9 guys pretty laid back guys out here as well. Had my C6 out looking at a road job a few years back near the K9 training center here in AB. Two guys and dogs were running up and down the rural road ditch so I pulled up to chat as I own German Shepherds and my big boy is protection trained. After a few minutes, I was ready to roll when the one officer said "light-em up"... As the smoke cleared in my mirror, I could see them smiling with thumbs up... Don't try that with a traffic cop though... lol...

I also have a good story to share about what must have been a pretty laid back cop. About 4 mos ago at abt 8:30 in the morn I find myself at a traffic light and a RCMP SUV cruiser pulls up to my right. Due to the height difference of the vehicles all I could see was most of his arm outside of his window and I hear "nice car, what year?" So I lean over toward my passenger side and say its a 2017. He gives me a thumbs up and then with his head he gestures what I interpret to mean lets go for it... you know the head move that you get at times when guys want to race.... well thats what I got. No one around us... I chuckle to myself and a few seconds later light turns green and this SUV turns into a bat out of hell.... so what do I do!?.... I give it full throttle but he was at least 15 feet ahead of me by this time.... Anyway it was a very short "race" to the next light at which he turned right and waved as I was pulling up..... LoL made my day!

I also have a good story to share about what must have been a pretty laid back cop. About 4 mos ago at abt 8:30 in the morn I find myself at a traffic light and a RCMP SUV cruiser pulls up to my right. Due to the height difference of the vehicles all I could see was most of his arm outside of his window and I hear "nice car, what year?" So I lean over toward my passenger side and say its a 2017. He gives me a thumbs up and then with his head he gestures what I interpret to mean lets go for it... you know the head move that you get at times when guys want to race.... well thats what I got. No one around us... I chuckle to myself and a few seconds later light turns green and this SUV turns into a bat out of hell.... so what do I do!?.... I give it full throttle but he was at least 15 feet ahead of me by this time.... Anyway it was a very short "race" to the next light at which he turned right and waved as I was pulling up..... LoL made my day!

You were at a disadvantage Paul. He knew what he was going to do... you had to wait to be sure what he was going to do... A holeshot means a lot in a drag... Should have followed him and demanded a rerun, this time on equal terms... lol...

You were at a disadvantage Paul. He knew what he was going to do... you had to wait to be sure what he was going to do... A holeshot means a lot in a drag... Should have followed him and demanded a rerun, this time on equal terms... lol...
Yah but its no fun when he looses and arrests you for racing...LOL

Nice story.

Back in '78 there were a bunch of us that got together every Friday night around 11pm in the commercial/industrial part of the city. Lots of warehouses, long and wide roads to accommodate the big 18 wheeler transport trucks that used to pull up to the loading docks. We would bring our cars and race them.

One Friday night we met an SQ officer (QPP 'Quebec Provincial Police' as they were called back then) who had brought his car to race with us. He was really cool about it all, even suggesting we place a couple of cars to block the road from any unsuspecting cars that may have come onto the road we were on. He drove his 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88, it was a private vehicle, unmarked "police highway cruiser" as I recall. All I can remember is the car was a sleeper, had a 455cu.in. in it and he won allot of races.

Cool guy. He said it's better to do this kind of stuff away from the public and in a somewhat controlled environment with some added precautions like blocking the road. He also said he knows and sees nothing about what was happening.

0458DA56-4740-4D5E-A5AD-660DCA3F757F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.