Sep 12, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1978 C3
I installed new seatbelts in my 78 C3 and there was a wire to the buckle on the drivers seat on the orginal set, which I assume is for the seat belt warning light, there was no wire on the new set of seat beats, does anyone know if this will cause any issues?

I installed new seatbelts in my 78 C3 and there was a wire to the buckle on the drivers seat on the orginal set, which I assume is for the seat belt warning light, there was no wire on the new set of seat beats, does anyone know if this will cause any issues?

It won’t cause any issues as long as nothing shorts on the plug. It may be a good idea to just put a wrap of electrical tape around it before you tuck it in your console. I also put new belts in mine but left the short belts in for that warning. I tried to figure out why mine didn’t work and I think it’s wired through the warning buzzer which mine had it deleted. I was hoping that just the light would work but it appears not. It may not even have power running to it without that buzzer but for safetys sake why not wrap it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.