Apr 23, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z51
Province
ON
Install was pretty easy, dropped the wires behind the carpet but wanted to mount the controller somewhere that I could see easily. Below the start switch I couldn't see it without turning the wheel (not necessarily a good idea while driving) and in the centre console didn't seem great as I would always have to lift it up.

I dont have the HUD buttons and there is a gap there which isn't good for much. So I used the foam from the shipping box, folded it in half and then stuck a piece in the middle for a good pressure fit. Used a black piece of duct tape to cover it, with a slight overlap on to the plastic, and then stuck the unit to this

Can see it at a glance while driving and looks pretty clean I think. Just another mount idea for people looking like I was

Enjoying the unit as well, really cleans up that lag and can get quite aggressive if you want

Cheers

Attachments

• 20210810_103550.jpg
    20210810_103550.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210810_112336.jpg
    20210810_112336.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 12cents
Yes its very noticeable especially as you move up from Comfort to Sport to Ludicrous (which I havent really tried much as its super sensitive)

Have only had it for a day but did notice the difference in the lack of lag immediately. In my limited use so far the middle of the Comfort mode (CF.5 or 6) is good for around town and on the highway or back road spirited I have tended to move up a mode to SP.5 or 6. But really just experimenting with it at the moment. For the price its hard to beat for the fun factor

The Soler ported Throttle Body / Throttle Controller is a great combo to take care of the Lag. Eventually I settled on SP6 and leave it there all the time.
Mounted the Controller in the Armrest compartment.

And I should clarify that i only installed the throttle controller and not the T body as well. Title was a little misleading. I wanted to try the controller 1st and with my limited time on it, i cant foresee adding the TB as well as the TC seems to have solved any lag issues I could feel

Reactions: Kanuck
And I should clarify that i only installed the throttle controller and not the T body as well. Title was a little misleading. I wanted to try the controller 1st and with my limited time on it, i cant foresee adding the TB as well as the TC seems to have solved any lag issues I could feel

In hindsight, I feel what you did is the better approach :thumbs:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern1
I know this wasn't directed at me but in my readings it seemed the TB helped even out the lag but the controller provides a much wider range of outcomes from mild to wild. Some people didn't notice much if any difference with the TB but everyone notices a difference with the controller

I know this wasn't directed at me but in my readings it seemed the TB helped even out the lag but the controller provides a much wider range of outcomes from mild to wild. Some people didn't notice much if any difference with the TB but everyone notices a difference with the controller

Thanks Vern. I'm doing both, was just curious. That would make sense, maybe what I read for the TB was more specific to the Z06 perhaps

So you think controller was more impactful than the TB? I have heard and read otherwise, but I also focus on Z06 discussions. Curious your experience.
I feel that there are two separate issues. The throttle lag and the off line stumble. This appears to be more noticeable in the Manual Cars.
Depending on the Setting the change in Throttle response is very noticeable, by opening the Butterfly earlier relative to pedal input this may also feel as if it is addressing the stumble, the equivalent of a slightly increased RPM.
I purchased the pair as a package and it addressed the issue so I never really looked back at it.
I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try the Controller first and see if it give the results someone is looking for especially on the Stingray.

The Z06 is a whole different animal and I believe that the difference with the pair would be very noticeable.
Example would be the Jake Intake, many reports of improvements on the Z06 but negligible if any on the Stingray.

On a separate note, I have the Sprint Booster ( another version of Throttle Controller ) on my other Summer Car and it made a very noticeable change in the Lag inherent of Drive By Wire. Switch it back to normal mode and the response just feels lazy :).

I feel that there are two separate issues. The throttle lag and the off line stumble. This appears to be more noticeable in the Manual Cars.
Depending on the Setting the change in Throttle response is very noticeable, by opening the Butterfly earlier relative to pedal input this may also feel as if it is addressing the stumble, the equivalent of a slightly increased RPM.
I purchased the pair as a package and it addressed the issue so I never really looked back at it.
I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try the Controller first and see if it give the results someone is looking for especially on the Stingray.

The Z06 is a whole different animal and I believe that the difference with the pair would be very noticeable.
Example would be the Jake Intake, many reports of improvements on the Z06 but negligible if any on the Stingray.

On a separate note, I have the Sprint Booster ( another version of Throttle Controller ) on my other Summer Car and it made a very noticeable change in the Lag inherent of Drive By Wire. Switch it back to normal mode and the response just feels lazy :).

The A8 is prone more to throttle lag than stumble for obvious reasons like you stated. Guess I will just have to assess myself lol

I'm leaning towards it is just different setups between stingray and Z06, and so the results would also vary considerably. I'm personally not sold on any of the intakes making a sizeable difference on the Z unless you begin to modify heavily / tune it. The data to support the claims in that area is either non-existent or tainted IMO

Reactions: Kanuck and Vern1
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.