Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
I noticed that under the rear cargo mat, right above the battery, there is a hard foam cover that clearly has the 'cutout' of a tow hook. However the tow hook appears to be missing in action. Does anyone know if it actually missing or is the tow hook the owners responsibility to acquire. Before I call the dealership I shall wait and see what the Forum jury say.........

The tow hook is standard equipment for a European car. The rest of us have to buy it ourselves. Make sure you have the threaded receiver before you buy one .They are generally only on the Grand Sport and ZO6...Some Z51's may have one also.

Reactions: Cruzin
The tow hook is standard equipment for a European car. The rest of us have to buy it ourselves. Make sure you have the threaded receiver before you buy one .They are generally only on the Grand Sport and ZO6...Some Z51's may have one also.

Thanks for the info dyoung- I guess as a "just in case" I'll purchase one. As per your Avatar I see that we have the same year and model albeit I opted for the Targa top. Been to Sydney a couple of times, nice 'little' town you live in.

I noticed that under the rear cargo mat, right above the battery, there is a hard foam cover that clearly has the 'cutout' of a tow hook. However the tow hook appears to be missing in action. Does anyone know if it actually missing or is the tow hook the owners responsibility to acquire. Before I call the dealership I shall wait and see what the Forum jury say.........
Thanks for bringing this subject up. Always worried about THAT day with a tow truck. Didn't know about your tow hooks. I found that VMS racing is one company that makes tow hooks for us folks that GM didn't think about. Tow Hooks.

They are ugly, hanging out in the breeze permanently. But it gave me ideas of welding up a threaded bracket and attaching it to the frame so I can do it C7 style. Next time the car is up on jack stands, I will get more serious about it.

2505B0ED-9066-470C-991A-5A94B9DF9E1D.jpeg
Can you post pics of the C7 toe hooks?

Here’s my story ..
Yesterday I stopped at the dealer to chat about our upcoming Father’s Day show.
And to pick-up show posters and flyers they had made.
I also needed a few supplies from the parts counter.
The parts manager is a nice guy, so we are sitting in his office entering all the parts I need.
One of his workers sticks his head in the the office with two tow hooks in his hand
And says “what do I do with these?

The parts mngr says “We don’t need ‘em!”....
Thinking they might be for Corvettes or ??? I stuck my hand out, and he gave them to me..
I put them in my box of parts. Done.

When I left the dealer I stopped in at Gary’s (ntmd8r) place and I checked his C7-Z06 trunk(?) to see if he had a tow hook.
Apparently Corvette tow hooks are different than what I got. He didn’t have one but mine wouldn’t fit.
Oh well. I’ll use them for something someday.

Graham

Attachments

• 7818AA58-0653-4E5D-BAEA-2D4B5F2AF16C.jpeg
    7818AA58-0653-4E5D-BAEA-2D4B5F2AF16C.jpeg
    931.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: ddgermann
View attachment 15358 Can you post pics of the C7 toe hooks?

Here’s my story ..
Yesterday I stopped at the dealer to chat about our upcoming Father’s Day show.
And to pick-up show posters and flyers they had made.
I also needed a few supplies from the parts counter.
The parts manager is a nice guy, so we are sitting in his office entering all the parts I need.
One of his workers sticks his head in the the office with two tow hooks in his hand
And says “what do I do with these?

The parts mngr says “We don’t need ‘em!”....
Thinking they might be for Corvettes or ??? I stuck my hand out, and he gave them to me..
I put them in my box of parts. Done.

When I left the dealer I stopped in at Gary’s (ntmd8r) place and I checked his C7-Z06 trunk(?) to see if he had a tow hook.
Apparently Corvette tow hooks are different than what I got. He didn’t have one but mine wouldn’t fit.
Oh well. I’ll use them for something someday.

Graham

Interesting 'gadgets' you picked up but def not C7 tow hooks - albeit they look like they may be tow hook of sorts...... perhaps for a pick up? Is the car show held at the dealership?

Paul..
The car show is Father’s Day @ DUECK’s Richmond location....
They are our Club sponsor, our meetings are held there as well.
The owners are ‘car people’ thru & thru.
Show - Riverside Corvette Club & DUECK Father’s Day June 17/2018
Graham

Hi Graham, yes, I believe you had mentioned to me on another occasion about your clu meetings at Dueck's. I am going to try to take a quick run out there on fathers day. Wishing you success in your preparation!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on tow hooks guys, contemplating getting a C7 this year and everything I read about the C7 nothing was mentioned about them. I always thought if a break down occurs it's better to get a flatbed truck to put car on then lift it up by the wheels?

Thanks for the info on tow hooks guys, contemplating getting a C7 this year and everything I read about the C7 nothing was mentioned about them. I always thought if a break down occurs it's better to get a flatbed truck to put car on then lift it up by the wheels?

My understanding is the tow hook option goes in and out easy and is designed to install in seconds. Most that guys that use them are for the track but yes this is what you want to use to pull the car onto a flatbed.

Mr Young above is correct the receivers are only on the Z06 and GS models. The spot for the hook is in the battery cover and the cut out is in the rear bumper is in all models but the actual receiver hardware is not installed in the Stingrays according to the experts on the other forum.

Apparently the receivers are pretty easy to install, and only need a few panels removed to fit them in.... :Biggrin:

upload_2018-3-24_13-35-41.png

Here is the receivers.
upload_2018-3-24_13-37-56.png

upload_2018-3-24_13-38-33.png

Aftermarket example"
upload_2018-3-24_13-39-4.png

Here is an aftermarket hook:
Amazon product ASIN B00W6GB35M
This is the factory hook that fits in the styrofoam battery lid.
Corvette Genuine GM Front or Rear Tow Hook : C7 Stingray, Z51, Z06, Grand Sport

upload_2018-3-24_13-15-38.png

upload_2018-3-24_13-27-44.png

upload_2018-3-24_13-30-59.png

No but I dropped a quarter down an outhouse hole one time. Tossed in a ten dollar bill after it because there was no way I was going in just for a quarter.:Biggrin:

You know that is probably a really good picture for C7 owners to perhaps enlarge and copy to keep for reference. Interesting how it all goes together. Pretty cool pic.:thumbs:

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.