Casual User
Mar 8, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Outback
Province
ON
Hi All,

I'm looking for my first vette, I'm interested in a 2006 Z06 with 50k on it, asking price is 52K. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

Thanx,
asoprano

Hi All,

I'm looking for my first vette, I'm interested in a 2006 Z06 with 50k on it, asking price is 52K. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

Thanx,
asoprano
Welcome to the forum. You might want to post this question in the C6 forum section. In the meantime, the price lately is right on cue as prices on used Corvettes has jumped significantly since the C8 was released. That car would have been $10,000 cheaper had it not been for the increases. That being said, The 06 Z06 is a great car. The 2008 to 2013 had some scattered valve problems but that won't affect you. I would recommend that you have a certified corvette mechanic do a full inspection on the car. Just a good idea for any used vehicle purchase. Race Ready Garage in Cambridge is less than an hour away from you and they have a stellar reputation. One word of warning though if you do purchase the Vette. You won't be able to wipe the smile off your face.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to post this question in the C6 forum section. In the meantime, the price lately is right on cue as prices on used Corvettes has jumped significantly since the C8 was released. That car would have been $10,000 cheaper had it not been for the increases. That being said, The 06 Z06 is a great car. The 2008 to 2013 had some scattered valve problems but that won't affect you. I would recommend that you have a certified corvette mechanic do a full inspection on the car. Just a good idea for any used vehicle purchase. Race Ready Garage in Cambridge is less than an hour away from you and they have a stellar reputation. One word of warning though if you do purchase the Vette. You won't be able to wipe the smile off your face.
Appreciate the response, I've been searching everywhere and have noticed the prices are high in the used vette market. If I do go forward with the purchase I'll definitely see if they'll allow me to have Stellar inspect the car. Thanx for the help.

I too would like a to buy C6 Grand Sport or Z06. I have been watching prices on Autotrader, Car Gurus, Kijiji Autos and Facebook Market Place. 52K is a good price in today's market. If the inspection of the car is good and the car is everything you want, then go for it. However, if you are not in a hurry you may want to wait. As Rruuff Day said, used C6 Z06 prices are up about $10,000 from two years ago. How long they will stay up is anyone's guess. Gas prices, inflation, interest rates and C8 production are all going up, then there is the situation in Ukraine so there could be some downward pressure on prices. At some point used car prices will drop back to where they were. If you are not in a hurry to purchase you may want to wait. Spring is also not the best time to purchase a Corvette as prices are higher, I bought my current Corvette in fall and saved about $5,000 over spring prices.

I too would like a to buy C6 Grand Sport or Z06. I have been watching prices on Autotrader, Car Gurus, Kijiji Autos and Facebook Market Place. 52K is a good price in today's market. If the inspection of the car is good and the car is everything you want, then go for it. However, if you are not in a hurry you may want to wait. As Rruuff Day said, used C6 Z06 prices are up about $10,000 from two years ago. How long they will stay up is anyone's guess. Gas prices, inflation, interest rates and C8 production are all going up, then there is the situation in Ukraine so there could be some downward pressure on prices. At some point used car prices will drop back to where they were. If you are not in a hurry to purchase you may want to wait. Spring is also not the best time to purchase a Corvette as prices are higher, I bought my current Corvette in fall and saved about $5,000 over spring prices.
Thanks for the advice, I've always wanted one, just bad timing with the current market conditions and the time of year. I've been looking for a while and didn't realize it would take this long to investigate/search and then decide on a particular year/model. I was also considering a stingray, but would love the Z06.

I have a 2001 C5 Z06 and a 2006 C6 Z51 Stingray. I will put the Z51 up for sale in about a month. The C6 Z51 cars list for around $30 - 40K, so a lot less than a Z06. I love the wide body so am looking to upgrade when I can. The C6 Grand Sport was only made from 2010 to 2013 so they list for just as much money as a 2006 Z06, around 50+K. There is a lot to know about each model and I enjoy doing the research and learning about them. Once you know what you want (what model, what year(s), auto vs manual, interior \ exterior colors, options, etc) then you have to try and find that car. I search Canada wide and would travel anywhere in the country for my "perfect" car. The USA used to be a huge market to import from, however, with our low dollar and the crazy high prices in the USA, I have not found any bargains down south. However, if you are very fussy and want a very particular model, then importing from the USA could be an option.

I have a 2001 C5 Z06 and a 2006 C6 Z51 Stingray. I will put the Z51 up for sale in about a month. The C6 Z51 cars list for around $30 - 40K, so a lot less than a Z06. I love the wide body so am looking to upgrade when I can. The C6 Grand Sport was only made from 2010 to 2013 so they list for just as much money as a 2006 Z06, around 50+K. There is a lot to know about each model and I enjoy doing the research and learning about them. Once you know what you want (what model, what year(s), auto vs manual, interior \ exterior colors, options, etc) then you have to try and find that car. I search Canada wide and would travel anywhere in the country for my "perfect" car. The USA used to be a huge market to import from, however, with our low dollar and the crazy high prices in the USA, I have not found any bargains down south. However, if you are very fussy and want a very particular model, then importing from the USA could be an option.
I'm good with any colour as long as the car is in tip top shape/mint condition and I definitely want manual. The dollar definitely makes it prohibitive to import, I'm sure I'll find one here it's just a matter of time. Thanks again for all the great info. By the way I like your collection, Cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.