ojm

I'm New Here
You're 5
Jan 14, 2018
BC
VetteCoins
Hi, was wondering what owners of a C7 pay icbc in BC. Just a general ballpark would help.
I'm just window shopping for a new 2014-2018 auto unless get a manual delivered
never owed a manual.. thanks

ojm/van.

auto.jpg

OJM...
Your local ICBC agent should be able to give you the definitive answer.
There are so many variables that you will need to specify...liability amount. $1M-$5M,
Collision deductible, glass deductible, work/pleasure use, age discount, driven by less than 10 years experience, etc..... 6 months driving, 6 months storage.
They may be able to do this over the phone as well...
I wonder if you might need a serial number(or at least the first 8-10 digits.)

Most dealers have on-site insurance agents... shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to advise you of the costs.
Graham

Hi, was wondering what owners of a C7 pay icbc in BC. Just a general ballpark would help.
I'm just window shopping for a new 2014-2018 auto unless get a manual delivered
never owed a manual.. thanks

ojm/van.

I can get you an exact quote, need your age, how many years of insurance you have had, and how many years of accident free driving?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have me watching this thread very closely for my thoughts of minimizing my "snow days" and retiring to move to the BC coast or the Island.
With God's blessing, I have at least a decade to work on the retirement ideas.

Where I am now (in AB), some have told me to just embrace the snow ...
My year-round AB fully loaded insurance all in ($1k deductible) with 3yr no loss depreciation option costs me $950 for both 2016 & 17 Vettes as vehicle #3 & #4.
My GMC truck and SUV are fully insured ($500 deductible) for $1000 each per year and they still are on the no loss option too.
The insurance cost here made acquiring our 2nd corvette a lot easier to decide as the perpetual costs are where it matters (after the fact of buying).

If I play the winter cancelling thing, I lose my no loss option for good and they told me I would get back about $150 from the annual cost when doing that
(as the costs for vehicle #1 and #2 will go up). It's rocket science numbers and I have a great provider who gives me the math.

I will admit that I have Business, Home, Boat, Cars and utility trailer all with the same provider/company through a Professional Group
Yes, not everyone has the blended advantage however I hope this knowledge of a few little things I found will help some others in their own insurance maze ...

You have me watching this thread very closely for my thoughts of minimizing my "snow days" and retiring to move to the BC coast or the Island.
With God's blessing, I have at least a decade to work on the retirement ideas.

Where I am now (in AB), some have told me to just embrace the snow ...
My year-round AB fully loaded insurance all in ($1k deductible) with 3yr no loss depreciation option costs me $950 for both 2016 & 17 Vettes as vehicle #3 & #4.
My GMC truck and SUV are fully insured ($500 deductible) for $1000 each per year and they still are on the no loss option too.
The insurance cost here made acquiring our 2nd corvette a lot easier to decide as the perpetual costs are where it matters (after the fact of buying).

If I play the winter cancelling thing, I lose my no loss option for good and they told me I would get back about $150 from the annual cost when doing that
(as the costs for vehicle #1 and #2 will go up). It's rocket science numbers and I have a great provider who gives me the math.

I will admit that I have Business, Home, Boat, Cars and utility trailer all with the same provider/company through a Professional Group
Yes, not everyone has the blended advantage however I hope this knowledge of a few little things I found will help some others in their own insurance maze ...
Thanks, sure you will enjoy the many parts of BC

I think its $2200/yr for me - $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive & $2Mill coverage.
Thank-you

I can get you an exact quote, need your age, how many years of insurance you have had, and how many years of accident free driving?
Thanks
OJM..

Your local ICBC agent should be able to give you the definitive answer.
There are so many variables that you will need to specify...liability amount. $1M-$5M,
Collision deductible, glass deductible, work/pleasure use, age discount, driven by less than 10 years experience, etc..... 6 months driving, 6 months storage.
They may be able to do this over the phone as well...
I wonder if you might need a serial number(or at least the first 8-10 digits.)

Most dealers have on-site insurance agents... shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to advise you of the costs.
Graham

Thanks, was trying to get an overall general view.

Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
Thanks, sure you will enjoy the many parts of BC

Thank-you

Thanks

Thanks, was trying to get an overall general view.
Best of good fortune on an acquisition ... hopefully soon!
There's a lot about the Corvette that eases some of the pain that is needed to sustain them ...
... and it's real good to do the due diligence that you are
as the Corvette Owner's Grin is what we know in common and will see in you ... :D

also ... if it's brand new from dealer ... try to budget US$1000 over that for your Corvette Owner Driving Experience in Nevada ...
as you will never regret look forward (nor back) after that ...

I have 5 road vehicles insured, some toys, my tractor and a farm policy with the same company. 2 million PLPD, 500 deductible across the board, costs me just over 900 per year for the Corvette. When I lay the car up each late October I switch to parked insurance (fire and theft, etc.) until late April usually and they send me a rebate of give or take $ 300.00 every year. This year it was $ 292.00. The 30 month no loss depreciation was automatic with for each new vehicle and is maintained whether I have it on parked insurance or not. I also have a dedicated 07 GMC hunting/fishing truck that stays on parked insurance other than 2 months in the fall and 2 weeks in June. It gets fully insured and then I get rebates for it of about the same amount.

I think I will stay in Alberta....lol...

I have 5 road vehicles insured, some toys, my tractor and a farm policy with the same company. 2 million PLPD, 500 deductible across the board, costs me just over 900 per year for the Corvette. When I lay the car up each late October I switch to parked insurance (fire and theft, etc.) until late April usually and they send me a rebate of give or take $ 300.00 every year. This year it was $ 292.00. The 30 month no loss depreciation was automatic with for each new vehicle and is maintained whether I have it on parked insurance or not. I also have a dedicated 07 GMC hunting/fishing truck that stays on parked insurance other than 2 months in the fall and 2 weeks in June. It gets fully insured and then I get rebates for it of about the same amount.

I think I will stay in Alberta....lol...
I did get a quote today it will be approx 2k for the year with 500 deduct. 300 windshield.. will vary of course, thanks, this price for full discount allowed.

I did get a quote today it will be approx 2k for the year with 500 deduct. 300 windshield.. will vary of course, thanks, this price for full discount allowed.

Did ICBC quote you a premium with a higher deductible? I would consider jacking up the deductible to at least 1K if not 2 if the premium was significantly lower.
Just a thought...

I miss many great things about living in BC..... but ICBC is certainly not one of them. ;)

Interesting hearing about the rates. Saskatchewan used to be the land of cheap insurance, but it doesn't sound like it anymore when hearing from the Alberta crowd. At lease Saskatchewan rates are super easy to figure out. All that matters is your safe driving discount. Oh, and in Saskatchewan, car registration and insurance is all lumped together.

Just hit the Calculate your Rate calculator on the screen and a window will pop up were you can put your car's information.

SGI - Basic plate calculator

WIth 0 safety discount:

2014 Stingray: $1632/year
2018 Stongray: 1632/year

That's right, no discount for the older Corvette, in fact, everyone from 2013 to 2018 pays the same rate. If you own a 2012, it drops to $1,616. If you own a 2000, it drops to $1,255, which is more than a new Corvette in Alberta. Heck, my 1985 S-15 is $852 per year which is more than what it's worth! :rofl:

Reactions: ddgermann
Did ICBC quote you a premium with a higher deductible? I would consider jacking up the deductible to at least 1K if not 2 if the premium was significantly lower.
Just a thought...

I miss many great things about living in BC..... but ICBC is certainly not one of them. ;)

No just one quote, something to consider when ready, thanks

Reactions: ddgermann
I think its $2200/yr for me - $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive & $2Mill coverage.
Same here. Max safe drivers discounts ... $500 deductible $200 glass and 3 million liability and I believe it was just over $2200 for the year (12 months). Will probably only be insuring for 7 months in 2018 so will be a bit cheaper. Hopefully ICBC has no surprises for me this year due to their inability to run a business.

Same here. Max safe drivers discounts ... $500 deductible $200 glass and 3 million liability and I believe it was just over $2200 for the year (12 months). Will probably only be insuring for 7 months in 2018 so will be a bit cheaper. Hopefully ICBC has no surprises for me this year due to their inability to run a business.

Albeit our Provincial Govt' has raided the ICBC coffers on a few occasions, it should be overhauled... and how about allowing a little competition here..... I see we drive the same model drvette.... Oh, going off topic again LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.