yes , for an extra $50k adder.

I`ll make up a mp3 file to fake the exhaust sound and play it loud when I speed up.
Trust me when the z06 hits the street its the only one everyone will be looking at. As for the extra cash definitely a deal. My porsche costs more then the z06 and no way comes close to it so in my mind the 50k is cheap for what you get.

For the most part it's just keeping up with the Jones. I cant drive my 2019 Grand Sport to its limits so what in the world would I do with a C8 Z06, except tell my neighbor how important I am, just before wrapping myself around a telephone pole. I don't want my car to "take me to the train station". In reality I would rather spend (if I had it to spend) $100k or more, on a restored C1 or C2. Now that would be cool.

First world problems....

For the most part it's just keeping up with the Jones. I cant drive my 2019 Grand Sport to its limits so what in the world would I do with a C8 Z06, except tell my neighbor how important I am, just before wrapping myself around a telephone pole. I don't want my car to "take me to the train station". In reality I would rather spend (if I had it to spend) $100k or more, on a restored C1 or C2. Now that would be cool.

First world problems....
Agreed. Definitely a few different reasons people buy sports cars some like touring in a well built machine that handles in way that provides a certain experience not achieved in your typicall car. Others like myself like to be able to race it and definitely more focused on performance. I have had 2 corvettes including a c7 z51 and was happy but one test drive in the c7 z06 and I quickly realized the z06 was the car for me. Hence the reason for me this time around I wanted to skip the C8 z51 and go straight into the z06. If my budget was not as it is I would 100% just get the c8 z51 but I'm lucky enough to have a budget that will afford me the z06 so why not. 👍

First world problems....
I agree totally. But for those with the budget and who track their car the Z06 is the one to have.

No winners with this "C8 Stingray v Z06" debate. Both are/will be great vehicles. As usual, it depends upon your pocket book, preference and intended use for the vehicle. No need to justify which you prefer; it's your choice. I think we're all winners since GM has come up with such a fantastic original mid-engine platform and will no doubt continue to come out with different and interesting versions that will in turn appeal to a different segment of the car-buying public, who will be "winners" as well. So just enjoy what you have!

No winners with this "C8 Stingray v Z06" debate. Both are/will be great vehicles. As usual, it depends upon your pocket book, preference and intended use for the vehicle. No need to justify which you prefer; it's your choice. I think we're all winners since GM has come up with such a fantastic original mid-engine platform and will no doubt continue to come out with different and interesting versions that will in turn appeal to a different segment of the car-buying public, who will be "winners" as well. So just enjoy what you have!
Can't agree ;) (more ) lol
I could JUST afford a C8. I would have loved a Lambo or Ferrari but just can't afford one nor the repairs on an exotic. Never wanted a Corvette until the C8! I'm tickled to have one now. A domestic super car, though not the superest super car!

yes , for an extra $50k adder.

I`ll make up a mp3 file to fake the exhaust sound and play it loud when I speed up.
Trust me when the z06 hits the street its the only one everyone will be looking at. As for the extra cash definitely a deal. My porsche costs more then the z06 and no way comes close to it so in my mind the 50k is cheap for what you get.

Where did the extra 50k come from, I didn’t think the price has been announced yet ?

Where did the extra 50k come from, I didn’t think the price has been announced yet ?

Tadge Jeuchter (C8 engineer; you know the one) is quoted as saying GM isn't ready to share the C8 Z06 price however if you look at the C7 price difference between the Stingray and the Z06 and use that as a rough guide, you'd be in the ballpark.

For the Canadian market, the 2019 Coupe base C7 prices were:

-Stingray: $65,095
-Z06: $93,795

That's a difference of $28,700.

Looking at the 2022 price for the "base" C8 Coupe ($70,998 + tax), if you add $28,700 to that, you get $99,698 + tax for the 2023 C8 Z06. This excludes any dealer mark-ups and of course, the plethora of tempting options we'll be able to purchase for the Z06. That also excludes a potential price increase (a few thousand dollars?) for the 2023 Stingray, which could be factored into the Z06 price.

I suspect the $99,698 + tax won't be accurate but it gives you a rough idea based upon the comments from Tadge. BUT there are LOTS of variables, including the price difference between the US and Canadian markets. Perhaps (?) his comments refer more to the US market??

Regardless, I doubt the difference will be $50,000 more than the Stingray. My 2 cents.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
Tadge Jeuchter (C8 engineer; you know the one) is quoted as saying GM isn't ready to share the C8 Z06 price however if you look at the C7 price difference between the Stingray and the Z06 and use that as a rough guide, you'd be in the ballpark.

For the Canadian market, the 2019 Coupe base C7 prices were:

-Stingray: $65,095
-Z06: $93,795

That's a difference of $28,700.

Looking at the 2022 price for the "base" C8 Coupe ($70,998 + tax), if you add $28,700 to that, you get $99,698 + tax for the 2023 C8 Z06. This excludes any dealer mark-ups and of course, the plethora of tempting options we'll be able to purchase for the Z06. That also excludes a potential price increase (a few thousand dollars?) for the 2023 Stingray, which could be factored into the Z06 price.

I suspect the $99,698 + tax won't be accurate but it gives you a rough idea based upon the comments from Tadge. BUT there are LOTS of variables, including the price difference between the US and Canadian markets. Perhaps (?) his comments refer more to the US market??

Regardless, I doubt the difference will be $50,000 more than the Stingray. My 2 cents.
You can add 4 for the 2020 and then 1 to 2k per year up from that. I think you are looking at at least 35k more and maybe even 40 more

Totally agree I had a C6 Z51, then a C7 Z51 and I was totally amazed at the evolution. Now after 3300kms and three months in my C8 Z51 I am totally blown away by the advancement, the better ride, the smooth power delivery. The Z06 will just put thicker icing on the cake. You are absolutely correct, we are all winners.

Remember the Grand Sport. It looks like a Z06, but underneath is a plain C7.
Wait for the aftermarket to take part. Spoiler, front bumper, all carbon flash interior, wheels, fake sound, etc.
For you younger folk , a C8 with flat plain engine option in future

I personally prefer the more clean look of the Stingray then the Z06, so I am pretty happy with the base model. Also the performance of the Stingray is more then I will never need, so that's good for me also. I consider myself very lucky to have a C8, I couldn't ever imagine buying such a sport car.

But the one who wants a track car, The Z06 is the one to have.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: 12cents and Thom
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.