OK yeah that makes sense I was just wondering if it was the gauge itself but I'm having a new pump n sending unit installed anyway just to be safe. I plan to replace normal wear n tear items and possibly do some Hp additions. Possible supercharged or single turbo in the next 5 years which I know requires a lot and $$$$ but it's a sentimental car so I'm not seller her.
Sounds good, make sure the new pump is Ethanol tolerant, Ethanol EATS the old pumps up. Also.....Make sure you get forged pistons, and good proper ring end gap before you add any extra pressure to your bottom end, or the pistonies will shatter if it has anymore than say 5-8 inches of boost. Don't wanna bust it up.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Sounds good, make sure the new pump is Ethanol tolerant, Ethanol EATS the old pumps up. Also.....Make sure you get forged pistons, and good proper ring end gap before you add any extra pressure to your bottom end, or the pistonies will shatter if it has anymore than say 5-8 inches of boost. Don't wanna bust it up.
Thanks for the information I am not as schooled in performance tuning only standard repairs and rebuilds. I just don't have the shop and place to do major work anymore here in Vegas.

nust tossing this lut there for duture readers. sounds like the OP is happy to spend they money if a future owner reads this, with a liece of scrap granit countertop and some sandpaper and some spray adhesive, you can redeck your own heads and reassemble if u have basic tools and a garage and a youtube source. bag and tag every single set of bolts and lay then in a sequential line from the first set of bolts you remove to the last. then reverse on install.

im only dropping this comment here because if a you gster with no money but time saw 6k for a head gasket they might walk away from the car. it can be done for $500.

cheers.

• Haha
nust tossing this lut there for duture readers. sounds like the OP is happy to spend they money if a future owner reads this, with a liece of scrap granit countertop and some sandpaper and some spray adhesive, you can redeck your own heads and reassemble if u have basic tools and a garage and a youtube source. bag and tag every single set of bolts and lay then in a sequential line from the first set of bolts you remove to the last. then reverse on install.

im only dropping this comment here because if a you gster with no money but time saw 6k for a head gasket they might walk away from the car. it can be done for $500.

cheers.
The 6k was for a complete re and re. Not JUST a head gasket. 5k actually, I had other work that added to the 1k left. I wouldve done it myself, but no time or garage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread