Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
has anyone installed speakers in the kick panels of their c3 ? i see the panels have the small vent holes in them which should seem to indicate it's possible. is the area in there deep enough ? the in dash speakers are shot, 37 years old go figure. i will be doing the interior and don't want to mess with the dash too much as it is in good shape. it would be nice to have them in the panels out of the way. further down the road after after i have done my performance mods i won't care a whole lot about the radio as the car will be playing the music i really love to hear. p.s. i see different vendors advertising kick panel speakers but i always prefer to hear from folks who have actually done the deed. thanks doug.

has anyone installed speakers in the kick panels of their c3 ? i see the panels have the small vent holes in them which should seem to indicate
it's possible. is the area in there deep enough ? the in dash speakers are shot, 37 years old go figure. i will be doing the interior and don't want to mess with the dash too much as it is in good shape. it would be nice to have them in the panels out of the way. further down the road after after i have done my performance mods i won't care a whole lot about the radio as the car will be playing the music i really love to hear. p.s. i see different vendors advertising kick panel speakers but i always prefer to hear from folks who have actually done the deed. thanks doug.

I have 4X6 Infinity speakers in my kickpanels. There's enough room.

Greg.
[mob][/mob]

Hi Doug..
Sometimes moisture ends up down in behind those lower kick panels.
Ensure you have a plastic membrane in there to protect the speakers.
A plastic draft seal used in house wiring for electrical boxes may fit.
My Vette radio quit a few years ago...It doesn't bother me at all.
I listen to only one group in the car now.. 'ZZ4 And the Flowmasters'..
In STEREO!! :driving:
graham

Graham is right; I have a plastic box behind mine as well. The previous owner installed the speakers so I'm not sure where he got the boxes.

Greg.

Good one.... 4500rpm would put me at approx. 90mph!
I bought new Sony speakers for the Vette a few years ago and never got excited enough to put them in. They're still in the box in the cupboard.
I just don't need it in that car.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.