I am wondering , when should I put my Vette up for sale? My dealer says to wait till I have a confirmation of my build date but I think I should do it sooner. I want to make sure I sell it before my C8 comes in so I do not have to accept my dealers price for this one. What do you think. I plan on asking 79000$, Canadian , of course. I plan on going through accommodation so I can save a lot of taxes , on my buy. This Vette has only 13000 kms. Coupes, with this low mileage, are selling for this price in Québec , so a convertible Z51 3LT should sell for this! This car is like new. Any advice?

Be wary that if listed, $79k asking prices are not always the same as selling price. Dealers are aware what price should sell a vehicle on their lot in 30 days. Some dealers mark up the asking price to try and sweeten their return if they want show the car on their lot until the higher paying buyer comes along. You can list it on CCF but will unlikely find your $79k buyer here (just my thought). Perhaps best to try on a local listed online site (sorry but without my mentioning any site names)

Reactions: wlgj
Be wary that if listed, $79k asking prices are not always the same as selling price. Dealers are aware what price should sell a vehicle on their lot in 30 days. Some dealers mark up the asking price to try and sweeten their return if they want show the car on their lot until the higher paying buyer comes along. You can list it on CCF but will unlikely find your $79k buyer here (just my thought). Perhaps best to try on a local listed online site (sorry but without my mentioning any site names)
I just looked up on CarGurus and all convertibles in Ontario are asking at least 78000$ and have way more mileage than my Vette. So are you sure , there is no point advertising it here? My price is negotiable but I have to go through accommodation , to save on taxes.

... So are you sure , there is no point advertising it here? ...
Apologies for if I am being misunderstood.
I would be misquoted if interpreting that I replied with "there is no point advertising it here".
Absolutely nothing to stop you from trying to find a buyer here on Canada-wide CCF.

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
absolutely no harm ...
just my thought about perhaps best for also finding a local buyer
marketing resource as even the tax saving/avoidance thing would have
my head scratching for understanding what it might require on the Buyer part.
Best of fortune ...

I get the tax diligence thing though - I'm still trying to figure out all the grabs
and grab-fixes that I have from my latest property acquisition in the Maritimes.

Reactions: wlgj
Would depend on when your anticipating getting your new car. I always sell cars myself vs. the dealer, but it can take some time and can be a very, very mentally taxing process depending on what your selling ,especially when looking sports cars. I definitely would not leave until just before your expectant car arrives, especially if your needing the money it sounds like from the sale for your C8 buy

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
I always research what competitive resellers are asking then target my area
and compete (not join in) with an asking price intended to find my buyer really quick.
Unless I did it for a living,
I personally have absolutely zero time to waste competing with/for either of these two guys ...
jmo :Biggrin:

R.jpg download.jpg

Reactions: WPGZ06
list and sell it early
what is the dealership offering for yours?
when does your factory order get picked up and build?

depending on the tax thingy a buyer might not want to do that through a dealership to pay extra tax on a personal purchase from an individual

Just make sure your price is realistic, if you price it not so and it sits, people notice that (I know I do) and you have little hope of ever selling it anywhere near that price point. People alway remember, not saying your doing that at all, but more of an FYI; if car sits for long time its time to reevaluate your pricing or the market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.