Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So looking at the pricing of the Z06's, and yes I know it's not the same, but take a nice 3LT Z51 (likely around $120k at a reasonable dealer) and throw on a Maggie 2650 kit for under $20k and you would have yourself one heck of a ride. Likely pushing out 700 hp and all for under $150k. Even $5k at Davenport buys you 40 hp with exhaust and a few other goodies. $10k buys you another 80 hp and $20k gets you to the magic number of 700hp. Just sayin....

Reactions: Murray20c8
What are you getting for the 80HP and 10g's?
C8 Stage 2 575HP Package Includes:

Exhaust System

- Engineered Jointly with Corsa Performance to be the BEST 4 valve C8 Exhaust System
- Full Stainless Steel Construction
- +19 WHP +15 WTQ Performance Increase (Over Optional Factory Performance Exhaust)
- Power Flow Design
- Fully Integrated 4 Valve Design for NPP equipped cars
- 4.5 Inch Tips with Laser Etched Logo (Black ceramic coated tips)
- Weight Savings of 13 lbs over OEM system

Cold Air Intake

- 17+ increase in horsepower and 25+ increase in torque
- Stainless backplate ensures all harness fasteners and the antenna are attached in their factory locations
- Molded-in velocity stack and reverse flow partition ensures laminar flow at the MAF sensor
- Filter box is made from military grade XLPE

Carbon Intake Manifold

- Additional 25* Horsepower to the Rear Wheels When Used with 95 mm Throttle Body
- Tested to Over 50 PSI
- Heat Resistant 5 Layer Carbon Fiber Plenum & Foam Core Flange
- Polymer Lower Runner Pack Resists Heat Soak
- Lightweight Glass Filled Nylon Lower
- Has Provisions for Port Injection

(Includes professional installation and calibration of exhaust valves)

There are still beefed up half shafts and clutch plates with denied warranty on the plate. Well worth it ... not.

BurnMoney.png

So looking at the pricing of the Z06's, and yes I know it's not the same, but take a nice 3LT Z51 (likely around $120k at a reasonable dealer) and throw on a Maggie 2650 kit for under $20k and you would have yourself one heck of a ride. Likely pushing out 700 hp and all for under $150k. Even $5k at Davenport buys you 40 hp with exhaust and a few other goodies. $10k buys you another 80 hp and $20k gets you to the magic number of 700hp. Just sayin....
I agree there are many options to building a super fast SR versus the long wait and cost for a Z06. My hope is that Katech offers their 427 build for the C8, which means waiting for the ECU encryption to be unlocked. They build a few for the GS and at 700 hp it was a beast. I was thinking a 650hp version would be in the 20K USD range. Not cheap, and you would need a lot of other upgrades but it would run low high 9s or low 10s all day.

Exhaust System

- Engineered Jointly with Corsa Performance to be the BEST 4 valve C8 Exhaust System
- +19 WHP +15 WTQ Performance Increase (Over Optional Factory Performance Exhaust)
- Power Flow Design

Cold Air Intake

- Stainless backplate ensures all harness fasteners and the antenna are attached in their factory locations
- Molded-in velocity stack and reverse flow partition ensures laminar flow at the MAF sensor

Carbon Intake Manifold

- Additional 25* Horsepower to the Rear Wheels When Used with 95 mm Throttle Body
- Tested to Over 50 PSI

(Includes professional installation and calibration of exhaust va

Exhaust System

- Power Flow Design

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Intake Manifold

- Tested to Over 50 PSI

(Includes professional installation and calibration of exhaust valves)

Those numbers are all optimistic; I'd love to see what the dyno says... and added together only total the increase to 61hp so where does 575 come from?

Those numbers are all optimistic; I'd love to see what the dyno says... and added together only total the increase to 61hp so where does 575 come from?
Point was not about Davenport’s numbers. The point was you can build a hell of a C8 (non Z06) for a lot less than a base Z06. Given current price trends the difference could be huge. Slap a Maggie (Lingenfelter) blower on and poof your at 700 hp….for $20k.

Whether the tranny can handle it has yet to be determined.

Point was not about Davenport’s numbers. The point was you can build a hell of a C8 (non Z06) for a lot less than a base Z06. Given current price trends the difference could be huge. Slap a Maggie (Lingenfelter) blower on and poof your at 700 hp….for $20k.

Whether the tranny can handle it has yet to be determined.
The tranny can take it. Just look at all the twin turbo cars running 9s with upgraded clutches and slicks. Making a SR faster than a Z06 is not that difficult. The question is what type of power do you want. The Z06 is a rev machine. A super or turbo car is about torque. A 427 is about efficiency below 7k rpms.
From what I have seen done so far the best bolton packages are headers, exhaust, ported intake, upgraded throttle body, filter, and ported heads. 520 WHP all day long.

The tranny can take it. Just look at all the twin turbo cars running 9s with upgraded clutches and slicks. Making a SR faster than a Z06 is not that difficult. The question is what type of power do you want. The Z06 is a rev machine. A super or turbo car is about torque. A 427 is about efficiency below 7k rpms.
From what I have seen done so far the best bolton packages are headers, exhaust, ported intake, upgraded throttle body, filter, and ported heads. 520 WHP all day long.
I could live with that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread