Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
One of our sponsors contacted me today about a car that was ordered in March and will soon be arriving that has come available today.
It's a 2024 Corvette Coupe in Torch Red with Black interior, 1LT with red seat belts, FE2 Magnetic selective ride control,
Q9A Midnight Grey with red stripe 20 spoke forged aluminum wheels and includes the rear camera mirror with auto dimming.
MSRP is $95,559 including 3 years of OnStar premier coverages. If you know of anyone who has been held back due to pricing
with additional luxury tax please let them know about this brand new car.
Scott

There are new stingrays on the lot at various dealers these days. You dont work for any of these dealers I assume but are getting referral commissions?
Correct, and various dealers contact me with allocations or cars that they have available. We have been listing the cars once we get window stickers and photos of them in the Showcase section. Most of the inquiries I get are for open allocations for Z06's and E-Rays lately of course. This post is to support a forum sponsor dealership on an inbound unit. The minimal charge that goes to the dealerships to list a car in the Showcase section goes to support this forum. Some dealers do pay a referral fee and some do not. I have helped quite a few people get into cars with no referral fee. The Concierge service that I offer here is donation based the same as this forum operates. I believe donations to this point amount to $20 for the Concierge which has stayed with the forum. Members need to understand there is no charge for me to refer anyone to an available car or allocation. If they dealer pays a referral, great or if the buyer chooses to donate also great, if not enjoy your car.

One of our sponsors contacted me today about a car that was ordered in March and will soon be arriving that has come available today.
It's a 2024 Corvette Coupe in Torch Red with Black interior, 1LT with red seat belts, FE2 Magnetic selective ride control,
Q9A Midnight Grey with red stripe 20 spoke forged aluminum wheels and includes the rear camera mirror with auto dimming.
MSRP is $95,559 including 3 years of OnStar premier coverages. If you know of anyone who has been held back due to pricing
with additional luxury tax please let them know about this brand new car.
Scott
how is there no lux tax on a brand new 2024 vehicle? is the dealer just discounting the price by the amount of the lux tax?

Oh I see, so there was never a Lux tax to begin with so no point in mentioning it at all ;)
Denis, just about every Corvette sold in Canada now has some amount of luxury tax probably 99%. There are buyers who not only with cars but with the 250K limit on boats are refusing to buy them if there is a luxury tax being charged. This post is for a person who falls into that category who wants the car but doesn't want to pay this tax and then HST on top of it.

Denis, just about every Corvette sold in Canada now has some amount of luxury tax probably 99%. There are buyers who not only with cars but with the 250K limit on boats are refusing to buy them if there is a luxury tax being charged. This post is for a person who falls into that category who wants the car but doesn't want to pay this tax and then HST on top of it.
I get that but this car or any car under 100k never had the Lux tax issue, and those people never had to avoid buying because of the non existent lux tax.

It’s misleading advertising same as dealers claiming “no luxury tax” on used inventory or new cars under $100k

I get that but this car or any car under 100k never had the Lux tax issue, and those people never had to avoid buying because of the non existent lux tax.

It’s misleading advertising same as dealers claiming “no luxury tax” on used inventory or new cars under $100k
The market is way, way down due to the luxury tax and many still don't understand it. All they know and tell car and boat dealers is, that they don't want to pay it.
Cars are now being ordered to avoid it and marketing will mention it as a selling tool.
How much is the Luxury Tax if the car was $104K. Just asking...
Jack, it would be $800 on the 4K and then and additional $104 HST on the luxury tax. That's the tax on tax part we mention.

Reactions: rhc7gc6 and DenisC8
Status
Not open for further replies.