Oct 29, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Corvette Z52
Province
USA
I have an 87 C4. It has a brand-new Blueprint CT396 engine in it. Jim Hall from TPIS has made a new mini ram for it. I have it installed, and it is scary fast but running poorly. Blueprint says it needs a healthy tune. Jim Hall says the stock OBD1 system can be successfully tuned with a new chip to run well. I have spoken to two other local tuners, one says he can burn and dyno a new chip on the old system, the other calls the 87 computer nothing more than a paperweight of old junk. He is insisting I consider a F.A.S.T. or Holley software kit addition. I am looking for input from anyone who has been down this path before me, and to hear your successes with EFI/TPIS engines that are pushing 500 HP without boost/nitros/etc.... Presently it won't idle and is running very rich. It has a modified chip in it from an old tuner, who has sadly retired, but that was for a stock 350 with a hi-flo Edelbrock intake. Not even close to the new engine. Thanks in advance!

do you have all the specs from your build? what size injectors do u have?

absolutely nothing wrong with your 87’s computer. post this on cf as i see ur in the states. there are tuners who can work with you on this. its going to take some active participation and data collection from you. BUT as long as you know the configuration of your build a mail tune will get you close and then you record sessions in your car and email the files back to them and they will fine tune it

Users who are viewing this thread