Exia

Casual User
Mar 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
'23 Corvette Z06/Z07
Province
ON
Got the phone call yesterday much to my surprise from my local dealer. I got on the list 2 months ago in January and was number 5 in line, I estimated I wouldn't see a car until this time next year due to the low volume they go through, only 3 cars sold in 2020. However much to my shock they received their potentially last two allocations yesterday and the next 3 people in line all backed out, leaving me with the 2nd allocation slot. I definitely lucked out but I guess I'm used to it, I was also able to get my Z06 through this same dealer 2 years ago and order to delivery was exactly 2 months.

I'm excited to maybe get this car around my birthday in June and enjoy it during the summer. I will be parking it beside my 2019 Z06 M7 so she will have company and I plan to drive it year round and use it as my primary vehicle but I only drive 10k a year across my cars, so maybe 5k a year on the C8 and 5k on the C7.

Here's the build:

Rapid Blue
3LT
Black interior
Yellow stitching
Yellow seatbelts
Performance exhaust
Front lift
Spectra Grey wheels

I decided against Z51 and magride as I'll just use my Z06 if I want to really have some fun and this allows me to not have to get a second set of wheels and tires.

As this is my first post I'll just say I'm looking forward to being part of the forum!

Got the phone call yesterday much to my surprise from my local dealer. I got on the list 2 months ago in January and was number 5 in line, I estimated I wouldn't see a car until this time next year due to the low volume they go through, only 3 cars sold in 2020. However much to my shock they received their potentially last two allocations yesterday and the next 3 people in line all backed out, leaving me with the 2nd allocation slot. I definitely lucked out but I guess I'm used to it, I was also able to get my Z06 through this same dealer 2 years ago and order to delivery was exactly 2 months.

I'm excited to maybe get this car around my birthday in June and enjoy it during the summer. I will be parking it beside my 2019 Z06 M7 so she will have company and I plan to drive it year round and use it as my primary vehicle but I only drive 10k a year across my cars, so maybe 5k a year on the C8 and 5k on the C7.

Here's the build:

Rapid Blue
3LT
Black interior
Yellow stitching
Yellow seatbelts
Performance exhaust
Front lift
Spectra Grey wheels

I decided against Z51 and magride as I'll just use my Z06 if I want to really have some fun and this allows me to not have to get a second set of wheels and tires.

As this is my first post I'll just say I'm looking forward to being part of the forum!
Well played, sometimes the small allocation dealer comes through faster. It worked for me .

Reactions: Murray20c8
Ah, my bad, I forgot to mention coupe or HTC. It is a coupe, maybe next time I'll go convertible, I kind of wanted to experience the novelty of seeing the engine but I'm sure I'll get over it in a year and can look forward to a convertible down the road.

I have the coupe. The only additional thing I could suggest for your build would be the 2 top option with the transparent top. You can also get it later from GM. With the transparent top you get an open feel, maybe close to the HTC, but all of the time. I live in colder climes and so the HTC wasn’t really a good option for me.

Here's the build:

Rapid Blue
3LT
Black interior
Yellow stitching
Yellow seatbelts
Performance exhaust
Front lift
Spectra Grey wheels

Congratulations! I got my call last weekend and I still can’t believe it! I didn’t think I would see the car until late this year or early next. Now it looks like summer driving is in the forecast!!

Exia
Fantastic news. I also live in Eastern Ontario, about an hour away from you, and I am wondering if you could tell me which dealer you used ? I had placed an order for a 21 2LT coupe with my local dealer in August but haven't heard any updates about the order.
Thanks

Exia
Fantastic news. I also live in Eastern Ontario, about an hour away from you, and I am wondering if you could tell me which dealer you used ? I had placed an order for a 21 2LT coupe with my local dealer in August but haven't heard any updates about the order.
Thanks
Have you tried Finch Chev. Morgan Crosbie is on here and is an honest guy.
There's also Brian Cullen in St. Catharine's. A large volume dealer.

Have you tried Finch Chev. Morgan Crosbie is on here and is an honest guy.
There's also Brian Cullen in St. Catharine's. A large volume dealer.
Murray
Thanks. I was hoping to buy locally and they told me that they had sold 6 in the previous year and that I would be #1 on their list. I may have to start looking outside of this area soon.

Exia
Thanks
I used Taylor Automall in Kingston. I'm not sure what their current waitlist is but I was 5 back in January and lucked out that 3 people ahead of me backed out.

Murray
Thanks. I was hoping to buy locally and they told me that they had sold 6 in the previous year and that I would be #1 on their list. I may have to start looking outside of this area soon.
You will not do better than that, as long as they are telling you the truth.

Congrats. I keep hearing similar at original about people going through smaller dealers and getting orders in fast. I went to a smaller dealer and was told I was first on the list for a 2023. Heard nothing after the preliminary build. Called the dealer who told me they got an allocation but gave it to a guy who had an order in for a 2022 that didn’t get built so I got bumped . Since then they’re claiming that they haven’t received another allocation and we’re 5 months into orders with them typically getting 6-9 cars per year. I think they’re BSing me and they’re backdoor ordering for other people.

Congrats. I keep hearing similar at original about people going through smaller dealers and getting orders in fast. I went to a smaller dealer and was told I was first on the list for a 2023. Heard nothing after the preliminary build. Called the dealer who told me they got an allocation but gave it to a guy who had an order in for a 2022 that didn’t get built so I got bumped . Since then they’re claiming that they haven’t received another allocation and we’re 5 months into orders with them typically getting 6-9 cars per year. I think they’re BSing me and they’re backdoor ordering for other people.
Could be BS, but they could also be right. Allocations for Canada are way down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.