YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
It appears that I have found a welcoming valued Canadian Resource for the "simple-stupid" and the "more advanced" aspects in Canadian Corvette Ownership. Spent just over 6 weeks of the Summer with 5 Alberta Dealerships to purchase "our" first on-the-lot Corvette Stingray (2016 Z51 3LT Coupe). Life began for me with my "high school" '69 Chevy II Nova (from my Dad) which progressed to an "after college" '84 Z28 and then a "4 door family" '98 Grand Prix GTP (with SLP Supercharged Ram Air GTX). So, I come into Corvette Ownership as one who is seasoned to the concept of "winter storage". Our Corvette purchase was a successful team effort of my wife and myself where I chose the "specs" and she chose the "colors". Had one rule for me - that I was to keep to the "budget" and not have sight on any vehicle with a MSRP that started with a "1" (nothing against those who do). Took delivery in time to put 1000 km on it for the initial change of oil prior to hibernation. I now need something to keep my mind away from the fact that Summer is not just around the corner.

Thank you! Here's the tease ... until I work on the "unveiling" photo ... Cheers!

Attachments

• img_1989.jpg
    img_1989.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 48
Great looking car! Well done! And it even looks good under the cover.
Any first impressions?
Thanks & Yes! Much of my first 1000km was 3 trips between Edmonton & Calgary and in contrary to judging this "rocket-ship" by it's cover, there is a 4 cylinder Grumpy-Man enjoying-a-cruise Capability (just like my Sierra) that I almost got an average fuel consumption below 7.0l/100km while driving mostly between 100-120 km/hr without cruise control (my excuse was an attempt with a drive train break-in discipline). Next time though, I am gonna take a picture of my dash because it's been tough to get near that now that I am an "astronaut" and discovered the exhaust tone change while in Sport Mode.

Reactions: nascar03
Welcome to the forum SN-III. Gorgeous colour... And I totally agree with you on the tone .... .... Mine seldom ever comes out of sport mode anymore unless it's for the occasional voyage into Track .... And I did take a dash picture of mine at a 7.2 average.... gonna frame it for posterity as haven't matched it since break in....lol....

Eric

Fantastic cars. My mind is still blown that something with 450+hp can get such great mileage......even though some people make fun of us for being so excited about fuel
economy.

I hear ya! When asked about first impressions, I somewhat hesitated to mention the near 7.0 consumption capability. However everything I bought the Corvette for was explored before I emptied my back pocket at the Dealership. I was just not expecting the capability of being able to "reduce my carbon footprint" by that much (now that might sound a little better) ... I should have also mentioned that I was impressed with as much cargo space in the coupe. I had a dining room table full of crap to take on a trip and it all fit under the cargo cover that came with my car. I still had space left over! Also, I don't know why it grabbed me so much but the exhaust tone change in sport mode was something that raised my eyebrows and made me sport a "joker-type" grin. Hilarious!
One thing that I really don't get is why do so many Hyundai Drivers "posture" me at the traffic lights. I've got nothing to prove to anyone other than to myself for having control and not be an idiot in acknowledging any such challenge.

You hit the nail on the head with some of the very good attributes with these cars.
As for the Hyundai drivers, my guess is they just want to hear your engine as they don't have much to listen to themselves. :D

Reactions: YFCvii
I hear ya! When asked about first impressions, I somewhat hesitated to mention the near 7.0 consumption capability. However everything I bought the Corvette for was explored before I emptied my back pocket at the Dealership. I was just not expecting the capability of being able to "reduce my carbon footprint" by that much (now that might sound a little better) ... I should have also mentioned that I was impressed with as much cargo space in the coupe. I had a dining room table full of crap to take on a trip and it all fit under the cargo cover that came with my car. I still had space left over! Also, I don't know why it grabbed me so much but the exhaust tone change in sport mode was something that raised my eyebrows and made me sport a "joker-type" grin. Hilarious!
One thing that I really don't get is why do so many Hyundai Drivers "posture" me at the traffic lights. I've got nothing to prove to anyone other than to myself for having control and not be an idiot in acknowledging any such challenge.

lmao.... too funny SN-III.... I have not lost that "joker-type" grin since my first Corvette and don't expect I ever will.... Enjoy that....
As for the Hyundai drivers, I can totally relate to that as well... I think Riley is exactly right on this one.... They all want to live vicariously through us....

Reactions: YFCvii
It appears that I have found a welcoming valued Canadian Resource for the "simple-stupid" and the "more advanced" aspects in Canadian Corvette Ownership. Spent just over 6 weeks of the Summer with 5 Alberta Dealerships to purchase "our" first on-the-lot Corvette Stingray (2016 Z51 3LT Coupe). Life began for me with my "high school" '69 Chevy II Nova (from my Dad) which progressed to an "after college" '84 Z28 and then a "4 door family" '98 Grand Prix GTP (with SLP Supercharged Ram Air GTX). So, I come into Corvette Ownership as one who is seasoned to the concept of "winter storage". Our Corvette purchase was a successful team effort of my wife and myself where I chose the "specs" and she chose the "colors". Had one rule for me - that I was to keep to the "budget" and not have sight on any vehicle with a MSRP that started with a "1" (nothing against those who do). Took delivery in time to put 1000 km on it for the initial change of oil prior to hibernation. I now need something to keep my mind away from the fact that Summer is not just around the corner.
Yes I understand.. I spent most of the summer looking for my used vette. only to log 1200 km before putting her away for the winter..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.